I made pants! (joggers)

I decided I wanted to learn how to sew clothes and signed up for a joggers class at a local art center (local art centers are amazing, you should check out yours). I got overtly excited about sewing and accidentally sewed the entire pair at home (whoops!). I forgot to sew down the ends of the twill tape so they don’t fray before snapping a pic.

They are a little looser than I’d like in the waist so my plan is to use the remaining classes to learn about how to alter the pattern and maybe start another pair.

Apparently I didn’t take any progress pics but wanted to say this presser foot with a 1/16” guide is amazing for topstitching.

8 Likes

Awesome!! Welcome to your next superpower!

3 Likes

Congrats on your pants!

1 Like

You are killing it! You picked a nice color as well and a cozy fabric. I think you will just perfect those pants in not time and make a few more pairs for winter!

You might want to get a bottle of fray check. A little dab works wonders in preventing fraying and it is washable. Keeps you from having to fiddle with small sewing tasks.

5 Likes

They look great!

1 Like