If I fits I Sits Embroidery Hoop

This sassy cat belongs to @LuckyXIIICreations. And he, like so many cats, has a fondness for boxes.

He’s all black, so, to keep his expression visible, I kept him simple. But, I added a ton of greenery in contrast.

I traced the image of the kitty in his box, but the florals were free-handed. He is stitched on linen.

In-process:

24 Likes

I love this so much! That kitties expression is hilarious. He is not giving up that box. And your flowers are beautiful. I am trying to learn some embroidery and this is incredible. I love the way you shaded the flowers. The blue one is so pretty with the shading. I love the purple ones too. Are they made with variegated thread? All your stitches are so neatly done. The leaves are incredible too. Okay, the entire thing impressed me.

3 Likes

Hilarious–yep, so “cat”…

Your flowers and greenery are a sharp contrast and really highlights the cat and its box…lol

Love this…beautifully executed!

2 Likes

Thank you!

No, not variegated thread. Just same/similar shades and different saturation (consecutive numbers). I found a bunch of flower and leaf video tutorials on Pinterest.

Here’s the one for the flower.

Here’s the leaves.

3 Likes

That’s adorable, and so well executed. I can feel his cattitude from over here!

2 Likes

Beautiful, beautiful stitching.

2 Likes

Delightful cat, lovely flowers, admirable stitching!
I really like the leaves with the orange flowers, nice use of different color threads.

2 Likes

Every time I look at it, it makes me smile! You really nailed his expression.

2 Likes

So cute! And I love the facial expression in contrast to the flowers.

2 Likes

This turned out so beautifully! Your embroidery skills are amazing!

2 Likes

Wow!!

2 Likes

Super cute and appropriately sassy. :joy: I like the simple cat line art paired with the fancy flowers!

2 Likes

I love it. That’s one annoyed cat-in-a-box.

4 Likes

I bet one can feel that cats expression with all the lights off on a moonless night from the other room in real life! You’ve done a great job of capturing cat-in-a-box and some pretty florals!

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

So much organic work. But the cat expression is just hilarious. Great job!

1 Like