If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

I picked up If You Give a Mouse a Cookie for Christmas for my niece for Christmas and decided to make her a mouse to go with it.

I used a pattern I found on Ravelry for the mouse, but free handed the overalls. I was up until 3am on Christmas morning finishing this big boy. He’s 21 inches tall from the tips of his toes to the top of his ears.

I think she got present burnout as she was spoiled rotten and woke up well before she normally does. She didn’t know what to play with first. I hope she liked her mouse!

26 Likes

That came out great! I love his nose. And the overalls, they really are perfect. That was a good job free-handing. Being a kid on Christmas is as hard as being an adult, just in a different way. I bet once she comes down off her sugar and excitement overwhelm she will really love this little guy- especially as he has a book (series) to jump-start her imagination. (And If she is allowed screen time I think also a cartoon show on prime.)

2 Likes

You are a special aunt.

3 Likes

What a cool gift! Great book, and the mouse is so adorable!

2 Likes

So cute, and captured the character’s likeness spot on!

2 Likes

He is so sweet and seems a really good size for cuddling! Like others, I think after the overwhelm of it all passes, she’s going to recognize this guy as a great new friend!

3 Likes

Very sweet!

2 Likes

I absolutetly love this book and illustrations. Your version is fantastic. Such a wonderful day to add to the reading experience.

2 Likes

I love the ‘cuffs’ on his overalls. He is sooo cute and that’s such a fun book. What a great gift!

2 Likes

Adorable! My kids love those books and they say the mouse is perfect. What a great present!

1 Like

So cute!

1 Like

I bet this gift has lasting power that a lot of the flashier ones don’t have. I’m sure it will be treasured. Great idea and excellent execution!

2 Likes

Perfect! This is the kind of thing kids hold onto forever.

1 Like

What a fun big cuddly friend!

1 Like

Just stop! This is so adorable!

1 Like

That is so cute. I’ll bet she loved it!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Give a Mouse a Cookie is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: