Illuminated manuscript. Aka the most insane project

Bravo! Huzzah! All your preparation and hard work paid off; this is amazing. I hope each page gets framed and hung on a prominent wall!
This is absolutely my favorite kind of insane!

4 Likes

Wow!!! :exploding_head: That is amazing.

1 Like

This project just takes the cake- and I don’t relinquish snack foods to just any one! :rofl:

Seriously though, you may call it insane, I call it inspired. The dedication to take this project from wacky idea to completed genius shows that you belong in that art program- your soul sings through the work. You’ve every right to be boldly proud of this project. Well done!

5 Likes

This came out really beautiful! Glad you made it all the way thru, even with the frustrations. :grin:

1 Like

This is so amazing. Talk about immersive research!

1 Like

A typed comment seems so inadequate for this, so…

(Alas, my skills/patience are limited to bubble letters.)

13 Likes

I am so in awe of your skills! Every detail is just beautiful and the whole project is amazing. I was literally giddy with excitement reading your post (I’m such a nerd) because this project is awesome. The handmade pigments and inks, the scrollwork, the illustrations, and the marginalia!!! Too freaking cool!

3 Likes

This turned out FABULOUSLY!!! :cherry_blossom::two_hearts: I am so glad you stuck with it. I’ve very much enjoyed seeing some of the random progress and test posts in the “What are you working on today” thread, and this is an epic culmination! :tada::+1::+1: I hope your professor is appropriately thrilled/blown away by this, too! :grin:

2 Likes

I am a HUGE nerd and this project just screams “COOL!” at me like… wow. Speechless. I love this so hard I just…I can’t even…

You’re amazing. If you don’t get a stellar grade, I (and I suspect several other of our LC fellows) will be tempted to get medieval on your instructor’s posterior!

1 Like

Thank you so much, you’ve made me so happy with your words :hugs:

@megwell I love your bubble letters, they make me smile, thank you.

@tendstowardschaos and @Bunny1kenobi nerds unite,:nerd_face: the research was fascinating, it has me totally immersed in reading about colour. And the coolest thing was having a project that brought so many different things together.

Thank you everyone for such kind words, you’ve made my day :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

9 Likes

The most amazing project in the history of amazing!!!

3 Likes

Wow! I am totally blown away! This is just amazing!

3 Likes

Yes! We are all surely waiting to hear the reaction from your class, mates & instructor alike. I am so curious to know what others submit, if anything comes close to this glorious creation… I quite doubt it. I think yours will stun & delight everybody who sees it, even before they hear you made the lapis gouache!

2 Likes

I’m going to hand it to her on Friday. I hope she’ll be blown away, the brief was to research and write a 1000-1500 word essay, by may(!) I’m fully prepared for one or two of the other students to hate me for ridiculously over achieving.

I didn’t have to do any of it. I already sent her a draft of the actual essay-to make sure I was on the right track. She said "I had a quick scroll through your essay - it’s super! Well done - it looks great and your own documentation is fantastic. I’m so impressed by the work you’ve put in already - now you can enjoy having completed all your assignments in record time! " She knows nothing about this. :wink:

So I’m kinda excited to see her reaction

13 Likes

The anticipation is intense! Please share asap, I’m on pins & needles here!

3 Likes

Yes!! Ditto!!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Illuminated Manuscript is one of this week’s featured projects. You are amazing! :heart: :tada:

6 Likes

This is utterly AMAZING my friend! Beyond the beyond of awesome. Stunning and fascinating and marvelous. A million points to Ravenclaw for such scholarship. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Um, wow. That is beyond incredible!

1 Like

Thank you sweetie xx

1 Like