Illuminated manuscript. Aka the most insane project

Fabulous, thanks honey xx

You did an amazing job!

1 Like

Oh my goodness, How did I miss this. Incredible!

2 Likes

I can’t wait to hear what your instructor says when you hand this in! So beautiful.

4 Likes

That is insanely amazing!!! :astonished: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:The Sorting Hat sure did know which house you belonged in! :grin:

3 Likes

There are no words for this type of dedication!! It’s absolutely amazing. And I love that you’ve paid so much attention to the tiniest details from the paints to the marginalia to the script. I wish modern books had marginalia!

2 Likes

This. is. INCREDIBLE!!! I absolutely adore the aesthetic of illuminated manuscripts and yours is so gorgeous and detailed and painstakingly done! <3

3 Likes

Fantastic! Echoing the many others waiting with baited breath for your update after handing in :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Wow! This is so beautiful and the time and effort that went into it is impressive. Your prof will be amazed I’m sure!

2 Likes

You are a freakin’ craft goddess! Is there nothing you can’t do? This is a spectacular work of art and I bow down, and walk backwards out of the room on my knees, before your epic greatness!

4 Likes

EPIC! I don’t know what else to say :flushed: :see_no_evil:

You’re making me blush. And knitting. I really can’t/won’t knit. I’m in awe of the Knitty folks

@roler so many pains taken! I won’t be doing anything like that again for a while

3 Likes

@MissingWillow @Magpie @Bunny1kenobi @Cindy @Gallifrey

And everyone else who wanted to know how it was received.

I handed it to my prof today. She was genuinely speechless, she said it was “incredible” “exceptional” “huge pains taken” she was completely blown away and couldn’t believe how much time i had put into it.

She showed the rest of the class, they were all gratifyingly enthusiastic and lovely about it-I kinda expected them to hate me just a little as it’s so ridiculously over the top.

My plan was to submit the work to her, but she flatly refused to be responsible for it, she said she’d never forgive herself if anything happened to it, she told me to get good photos and put them into my essay, and to frame the work.

She did say that she had no idea how to grade it. But grading won’t happen until May in any case.

It caused quite the sensation, which I took as a huge complement.

19 Likes

I love it! Oh, I love it. Wish I could have seen faces, lol. Too much, my dear. Thanks so much for the update!

3 Likes

I love reading about how things came to be, like “Mauve” or “The Perfect Red” etc. So your project & research just tickles me so much, i keep coming back to read your post again & again! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you so much :grin: have you read this book?

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/34122206-the-secret-lives-of-color I’m raving about it at the moment, it has all the colour stories.

3 Likes

What a great response!

And I agree- you should absolutely be framing that!!

2 Likes

I love that she wouldn’t take it from you. Methinks you shall get an A+!

5 Likes

It’s on my holds list at the library, it is very popular!!

2 Likes

That’s so gratifying to read about their responses! Well done! Absolutely frame it!

2 Likes