I'm ready for tea time!

i made a thing saturday!!! something i’ve been thinking to make for ages but never actually got around to. i finally got off my butt and knit myself a new teacosy: the easy quick-knit one-skein tea cozy. the pattern is as described: easy, quick, and one skein!! some days nothing is more gratifying than something knit on 9mm needles!! (except maybe when you finish something knit on ridiculously SMALL needles!!)

my pot is a bit taller than the one in the pattern, and i did adjust it a bit, but were i to knit another one, i would probably add a few more rows before i split for the spout. i might try to block it and see if it will give me more length, but probably not until its filthy!!

17 Likes

Mmmm, warm tea on a cold morning!
Lovely cozy!

1 Like

lol the little ones think I make hats for the teapots…

Nice satisfying project…

1 Like

No more naked kettle! It looks very cozy.

2 Likes

Yay, warm tea even if you forget it for a bit! (She says, eying the cup she made at 7am but forgot until 10am, microwaved to reheat, and forgot again until 2pm…)

5 Likes

Love this! It is so sweet!

2 Likes

it is super cozy…it was the last ball out of the yarn i used when i knit the short sleeve jacket a few years back. now if i dig it out of the closet, i can match the kettle!!

4 Likes

This is such a great thing to make that only a true crafter would appreciate! Imagine saying to a regular person that you knit a “coat” for your teapot and they’d look at you puzzled, but us crafters definitely understand the teacosy and knit life. :slight_smile: Brilliantly executed. It looks so squishy and soft too!

2 Likes

I love cheery old-fashioned things, and this fits the bill. Your teapot looks delightfully cozy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I want to paint a little face on the bottom of the teapot to peek out from under it’s “hat”. Very cozy cozy!

1 Like

Beautiful job!

Congrats! Your Tea Cozy is one of this week’s featured projects! You rock!

1 Like

yay!! thank you!!

That is a thick puffy sweater for your teapot. :smiley: So nice to have a quick project, too!

1 Like