Imbolc card and envelop set - Brigid's Cross

Made for a recent swap. For a twist on the traditional Brigid’s cross for Imbolc, I carved the symbol and stamped it onto mixed media paper, then added it with a strip of textured black paper to cards. Each one is a bit different in placement.

I used some plain brown paper card and envelops that are sold at craft shops, the gold is paint sponged onto the edges for a little touch of warmth and light.

Even though it is a very simple design, I still managed to over cut the lines and had to carve it twice to get it right!

8 Likes

Oh, the gold paint is the “wow factor” for sure! Great carving!

2 Likes

Terrific graphic design! Looks so good with the black and white shapes jumping out from the kraft-paper background. And yes, the gold touches really elevate it, too.

1 Like

Such an elegant, graphic design!

1 Like

She made these for me!!! I love them. The gold edge is more pronounced and shimmery in real life. They are perfect. :heart:

2 Likes

Awesome stamp! :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are so striking!

1 Like

I messed up the lines on my first try and had to start over so I am Really happy this second go turned out. I do like that gold paint a bunch. It makes for a nicely decorated edge, just a bit of glimmer to brighten things up. Like the sun peeking over the horizon :sun_with_face: