Inchies in watercolour

I did a personal swap with the lovely @Averia and she asked for inchies! I haven’t really done much inchie-ing but boy, these tiny things are addictive!!

Since they were for Averia, naturally I promised her that they would be orange. :tangerine:

They are mostly watercolours, a couple with added mini origami and collage.

Snail mail, Averia’s palette (all the blues), origami boat
Sapphire, Moon hare, willow house, fluffy cat
Birdie, origami crane, and I had to include the promised orange

You can’t see in the photo, but the sapphire pops up on a folded strip of paper - which is an encyclopaedia entry for “sapphire”

These ones are my three favourites - “snail mail” and “willow house“ include a little bit of book page collage.

I had a lot of fun painting these, and I was really chuffed with how they turned out. Thanks for nudging me to try something new with my watercolours Laura!!

24 Likes

These are amazing! I love your style :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

such detail in a square inch space! That had to be a tiny brush!

Laura is the perfect person to prank…ha ha…“orange” you glad you did?

3 Likes

These are so pretty! I love how you made them monochrome!.
My favourite is the boat one and the house and the snail.
I had some trouble recognizing the fluffy cat. Is he looking up, and we are watching from the back?

2 Likes

These are your first inchies? You did an amazing job. I love the diversity across each square. The teeny origami is fantastic and the rabbit is captivating. Well done.

2 Likes

They are lovely. Hard to believe they are just one inch! You are masterful with the tiny brush. And the orange :tangerine: :laughing:
I love that you spelled encyclopædia with ‘ae’, I used that ligature in the spelling of my daughter’s name!

2 Likes

These little masterpieces couldn’t be any cuter! They’re amazing!!! I love your artwork so very much.

2 Likes

These are great! I really like the tiny origami. :green_heart:

2 Likes

hahahaha. :laughing:

They look great. I love the art palette one esp. and that teeny tiny origami bird!

3 Likes

Ohhh, the moon hare. Swoon!

:metal:

2 Likes

Thanks so much everyone!!

Haha! Indeed :tangerine:

Yes, exactly that. I think if I painted him again I would define the ears more clearly. It’s tricky in a tiny space! :smile_cat:

I have a very vague recollection of making a few simple inchies a loooooong, long time ago at the old place, so I think they probably aren’t the very first ever. But they weren’t little watercolour paintings like these, so the extreme-mini watercolour painting is a new challenge! :art:

How cool!

I think he is my favourite too (but don’t tell Mr Snail :snail:)

2 Likes

These are beautiful! The house! I love it so much!

2 Likes

Well, no, of course we don’t tell snail! I mean, he already has his home packed, we don’t want him to leave! grins

2 Likes

These are beautiful! I love the tiny origami!

2 Likes

Those look so delicate - 1 inch is TINY! Great job :smiley:

2 Likes

Lovely! I especially like the kitty and the crane but they are all beautiful. They remind me of delft tiles.

3 Likes

These are wonderful! Such intricate details and shadings!

1 Like

They look so lovely together! The sapphire is beautifully dimensional, even without seeing the 3D.

1 Like

These are so sweet.

The birdie, snail mail, the orange :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oh my gosh that TINY house! :heart_eyes:

1 Like