Ink Monsters

I had seen viedoes of other artists doing spill ink and making monsters so I decided to try it out.

I spilled India Ink on watercolor paper then patted it down with a paper towel. After it dried, I took a pencil to draw out what I saw before goong over it with my fineliners and later gouache paint. They turned out really good for my first time doing this!

There is one that I have made that I do not know if I want to paint it at all.

15 Likes

The turtle is cute but I love that adorable dog fella!

1 Like

These turned out really cool. That pup!

2 Likes

What a fun technique! You ended up producing some very cool and interesting art works, I think.

2 Likes

This is really cool!! Very imaginative results!

2 Likes

I definitely can see why inkblots are used to get into people’s brains! lol

I love this exercise to see what your imagination can do with a spilled ink!

You can do with watercolor “mistakes” as well…just make something out of it!

Good job…and once again, your artistic skills are growing every day…well done!

4 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

What a fun idea! The bottom one is my favorite. I would leave it without the paint.

3 Likes

These are so cool! I love how much life and expression they have!

Do you know the book Drawing Lab For Mixed-Media Artists by Carla Sonheim? It’s got a bunch of fun art ideas like this in it. Maybe you can find it in the library? I think you might enjoy it :grinning:

2 Likes

I haven’t heard of it but I’ll have to look into it! It sounds interesting!

@gozer It does look really good without color! I wish I hadn’t colored in the one with the tentacles or maybe just colored in the tentacles. My favorite though is the gremlin frog!

3 Likes

Is this it?

@GeekyBookworm, it does look like a fun book!

4 Likes

Yes, that’s the one! As an art teacher, you might enjoy it too @Lynx2Lancer :grinning:

3 Likes

What a cool idea! These turned out great!

2 Likes