Inspirational Tea-Themed Hangings!

((Yes, I know. I have a cross stitching problem lately. I’m getting it looked into. :laughing: ))

I saw these SUPER cute tea-themed patterns and I knew they had to be next on my list. I wanted something small and quick after the last samplers I did. I made them for a tea-drinking friend who’s going through chemo for breast cancer (she’s only 32!). Although, now with the whole world ending I’m thinking I should probably Lysol them or pack them up and let them set for 2 weeks before I send them to her due to her compromised immunity. I’m symptom free but we all know that doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Thoughts on this? What do you think my best course of action is?

Size : Stitched area 2.75 x 2.75 inches
Fabric : 14ct white aida
Pattern : There’s 8 altogether! They’re by Emma Congdon (Stitchrovia) and they were in the August 2017 issue of Cross Stitch Crazy.
Fun Factor : Friggin loved making these! I love the different fonts and fine back stitching. The designs are adorable and stitched up so quick! I can’t take credit for the little flag idea - it was like that in the magazine and I loved that idea!
Changes: Used only colors from my stash - if I had the right one, cool. If I didn’t I just used something close.

Thanks for looking! :yellow_heart:

20 Likes

Those are adorable!!

To be safe, I’d wait two weeks before sending them.

3 Likes

Ok, first, keeeyoot! Those are totally adorable. Who doesn’t have at least one tea drinker in their life who would love something like that?
2nd, I hope your problem only includes slightly achy fingers at times & possibly running out of colours now & then.
Last, send them to your friend with instructions to set the package aside for a few days before opening. Viruses don’t live for long outside the body, I’ve read this one is 2 days max on surfaces. It’s not even your germs but anything else encountered en route (the mail sorter/carrier, all the other mail!)so leaving it sit before opening is in my opinion the best option.

3 Likes

Those are really cute! I’m so sorry for your friend - a cancer diagnosis is terrible enough and then the added worry of a virus spreading around they could be exposed to.

3 Likes

Those are adorable!

2 Likes

Very cute and great way to mount and display them. I am sure your friend will appreciate them

2 Likes

I totally LOVE the “Where there’s tea, there’s hope,” sentiment. The flags are so sweet, and the stitching so neat, too! I know your friend will appreciate the love you are sending. :heart: :tea: :heart:

2 Likes

These are delightful! They will definitely spread smiles wherever they end up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Emma Congdon’s designs are fantastic, and I love what you did with them! I’m sure your friend will love hers.

1 Like

I love this way of displaying your lovely stitched pieces!

I am sure it will cheer up your friend. I am always saddened to hear of a cancer diagnosis…may she speed through her treatment.

2 Likes

So, so sweet! I love your color choices, and the placement on the little felt banners.

2 Likes

These are great! :green_heart: I don’t see a problem…

2 Likes

This is so very true! They are so pretty-you did a great job.

2 Likes

Your tea-themed pieces are lovely. I’m sure your friend will be glad to receive them.

2 Likes

A very thoughtful gift for your friend! They look great displayed like this.

2 Likes

I love them! They would be perfect for me as a tea lover :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

These are really cute! I love how you staged the photos!

2 Likes

Alex, would you share where you got these patterns please? Now our beloved auntie is going through chemo & they would make a sweet Easter gift for her family. :coffee: :heartpulse: :teapot:

1 Like

I’ll see if I have a copy of the patterns to share with you. :slight_smile: Cross Stitch Crazy is no longer with us. :frowning:

2 Likes

Thank you so much, you sweetie!
Hope school/work/home/life is going ok for you darlin’!