Instant Pot tips and recipes

My coworker is a consultant so I had a zoom party with her. This was my 60% off item. Pampered Chef is great but oh so expensive!

I know rice has been mentioned, but to expand on that, I always make brown rice in the Instant Pot. Iā€™ve never had better results, no matter what methods Iā€™ve tried.

The chicken and rice recipe up there looks so good! This is one that I really like. Probably because it has cumin, my favorite. :heart_eyes: Plus, itā€™s written for white or brown rice, so I donā€™t have to worry about adjusting times to make sure my brown rice isnā€™t crunchy.
https://ifoodreal.com/instant-pot-chicken-and-rice/

It was so good! I will definitely make it again, I already have the ingredients good to go!

How did you get on with the mashed potatoes?

They were good! I ended up using a slightly different recipe but still did the trick! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got another Instant Pot full of the worldā€™s best chicken soupā€¦ I canā€™t wait for it to be ready!

Last weekend I bought a beautiful cookbook :slight_smile: Itā€™s called Pressure Cooker & Slow Cooker by the Australian Womenā€™s Weekly (a long standing magazine in Aus).

I love the layout, on one double page spread it shows the ingredients and finished recipe photo, and on the next spread it has how to cook the recipe in both the IP and slow cooker (two of my favourite kitchen appliances). The pages are matt, and it is a very aesthetically pleasing cookbook :relaxed: I also like the fact that each recipe doesnā€™t come with a ā€˜storyā€™, itā€™s just straight to the point. It was a bit expensive, but worth it I think. Iā€™ll report back with any recipes I make from it :slight_smile: The first things Iā€™d like to try are the Chicken Mulligatawny (pictured) and Stout Cottage Pie with Sweet Potato Topping.

I have yet another pot of the best ever chicken soup cooking right now :drooling_face: and I have everything I need ready to go to make yoghurt, but I need to give my IP a deep clean first - Iā€™m afraid of chicken flavoured yoghurt :stuck_out_tongue:

Any new recipes to share @geekgirl @Kwality570 @Abbeeroad @Tanath @steiconi @mel @Fonduie @momiemae @kittykill @tendstowardschaos @photojenn @Redheadedblonde @MareMare @thanate ? x

5 Likes

I made ham and beans last night. I had the hambone from our Easter ham and added a packet of red beans, a chopped onion and some garlic salt. It turned out great. Took about 2 hours to cook and I had to pick out the bones but worth the effort.

2 Likes

that looks like a nice cookbook.
I havenā€™t made anything new. Just the normal boiled eggs, refried beans, egg bites, rice, or shredded taco chicken.
I should look for something to make this week.

Oh and I make chicken broth for my cats since one of them is prone to bladder stones and needs to drink plenty of fluids. Its just chicken and water in the instapot. they donā€™t need the salt or garlic, etc. I use either a whole chicken or chicken thighs with the skin. I freeze the broth in portions and then use the meat for myself (they get a tiny bit of the meat.)

1 Like

I havenā€™t made anything new either. Just dog food. :smile: :dog:

1 Like

I finally used my Instant Pot, and made coconut milk yogurtā€“I love coconut milk. The yogurt was nasty and got tossed out.
The pot is back in the closet.

1 Like

I made this recipe last night.

Basically chicken and potatoes with spices. I did not use the Ranch seasoning mix as I didnā€™t have any.

The instructions say to put in the broth. then the chicken. then the potatoes. but her pics show the chicken on top and that maybe why hers looks browner. next time I might sear the chicken first.

Her recipe was for 4 large breasts and 2 lbs potatoes. I used 1.5 lbs chicken breast that I had butterflied and only 1.5 lb fingerling potatoes as thatā€™s all I had. I did 15 minutes and the chicken was a bit dry. I was just concerned with undercooking the chicken.

So next time I would sear the chicken and cook for maybe 12 minutes.
It was easy and simple and tasted good.

1 Like

here is another good instant pot recipe.
I did cook it for 8 minutes and not 4 like the recipe says. 4 minutes didnā€™t seem long enough to cook through all the food.

2 Likes

It sounds so good! I am going to try it this weekend.

Iā€™m making a test batch of this as we speak!!

1 Like

I got a C8 warning on my IP today. The manual said that meant I was using the wrong inner pot. I only ever had one pot, and it has been working up until now.

Thank goodness for the internet. Turns out, the IP didnā€™t like where it was on the counter (!?!?!?). I moved it a few inches to the right, and problem was solved, even if not really understood.

2 Likes

an IP that believes in Feng Shui :yin_yang:

3 Likes

I used my pressure cooker for the first time in a long time tonight.

Vegetable soup!

I added pasta.

1 Like