Invite Your Partner 2023 Swap GALLERY!

Glad you like it, @Abbeeroad! I’ve been wanting to try that stitch pattern for a long time. It is far from perfectly symmetrical, but it looks fine from a distance and overall I like how it turned out. Thanks again for agreeing to swap with me!

6 Likes

Wow. Wow. Wow. Im blown away @endymion

1 Like

It’s a very beautiful piece of handiwork. So many swirls, just beautiful.

1 Like

Just fantastical! Just beautiful @endymion !

1 Like

Jeez o’ Pete is that cool! How is it done? I’m flabbergasted.

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone! Online tutorial for this particular Temari ball is here:

5 Likes

YOU GUYS! I just opened the most amazing swap package from @jemimah :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

First she stitched the fabric for and then sewed this pretty pouch

And inside was this sweet little envelope filled with watercolor bits

And she made this wonderful set of notecards

And this stunning and sweet watercolor of a cat with a little birdie on it’s head :slight_smile:

And last, but not least, this gorgeous art quilt! :heart_eyes: She even put dowel pockets on all 4 corners so I could decide which way to hang it

Everything is so beautiful Kirsten! You are so talented and my pictures don’t do justice to the craftsmanship and attention to detail in each piece - from the quilting lines to the coordinated edging colors on the hearts to the precision of the stitching on the pouch to the masterful blending of your watercolors and a million other details I keep finding as I look at everything more. Thank you so much for swapping with me :heart:

7 Likes

Oh, my goodness! Totally gorgeous, all of it. That art quilt… wow!

3 Likes

@jemimah - The art quilt is cool, but how in the heck did you sew those lines so perfectly to make the design for the pouch??!! That boggles my mind! And that cat artwork! Eeeps. So sweet! I love it!

2 Likes

What a wonderful package from @jemimah!! You guys did a pretty epic swap. I love that art quilt!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m so glad you like it @photojenn! I had so much fun creating things for you, and I ADORE the beautiful weaving and things you sent me :sparkling_heart:

Thanks everybody for the lovely comments :smile:

@gozer the embroidery on the pouch is a sampler of different counted thread stitches on evenweave linen, it makes for a very precise result. I like doing looser embroidery styles too, but the counted thread does make it easy to get even, symmetrical designs.

4 Likes

I’ve just found the package I sent to @MightyMitochondria on my doorstep returned by Australia Post (wanted another form attached) :frowning_face: Poor @MightyMitochondria, she was the first to send and this is the only parcel not received yet!

I’m so sorry about that - I will repackage it up with a little something extra and get it sent out again asap!

3 Likes

Seems like everyone is cracking down on mail…I have had my international packages that have been sent to me opened and resealed…what are they looking for in a bag of wool from a reputable company? Luckily, even though they slit the bags open, they did not damage the yarn…and yes, they are cracking down on listing more details on the forms as well…

I know @MightyMitochondria will be very pleased with her package from you…they are always a delight!

3 Likes

No worries! I love swapping with my international LC friends and this is just part of it. It will be a delightful surprise when it arrives.

5 Likes

Thanks for being so understanding :smiley_cat: I really appreciate being able to swap with my friends so far away!

3 Likes

@jemimah’s package finally arrived and it was so worth the wait! She sent extra treasures since the package was returned to here once and delayed.

First, yummy chocolate, a scrappy mug rug in my favorite colors, and some lovely papercrafts.

Next, a really cool Maori boat toy and stickers.

These AMAZING mushroom cards. My daughter immediately tried to steal them. They are lovely, funny, and so magical!

And the crowning jewel, this breathtaking platypus.

Jemimah, I love everything. Thank you.

8 Likes

Wow! Stunning work from jemimah as always!!! Well worth the wait. :heart:

Yay, I’m so glad it got there safely and you like everything! Thank you so much for swapping with me!!

2 Likes

Stunning platypus is right!

Love those mushroom cards (shitake happens! ha ha).

The mug rug is gorgeous…and a beautiful shape!

2 Likes

Now that the last package has been received, this swap is complete! Thank you everyone for a fabulous, happy swap!

6 Likes