Invoking the Dragon, Needle & Wet Felted Eco-Printed Necklace with Embroidery

DSC_0545 SM The Eco-printing looked like a dragon. I didn’t plan it. I didn’t plan the placement either, it just happened so I was compelled to acknowledge it.

This is the necklace before the beads were added. I waited a week for the beads and then they weren’t what I expected. I expect “seed” beads to be small. Still a nice color!

Wore it to get my first covid vaccine shot yesterday.
The shot didn’t hurt at all! Good Dragon!

12 Likes

This is so cool!

1 Like

Wow! Super cool. Such a happy accident. And yes! Dragon protector!

1 Like

Yay for happy accidents! I love the little dragon, and the organic feeling you achieved with this piece.

1 Like

Lovely necklace!

It’s the second shot that gets you.

1 Like

Wow, another fabulous piece! You make such wonderful things!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! The little details of the necklace are fab!

1 Like

I love you found the secret inside your work. And the dragon defended you well - congrats on your shot!

1 Like

Thank you!! :slight_smile: :dragon:

What particularly struck me is where the dragon appeared. Because I dry these necklaces in my dehydrator and the size required that I loop a section of this particular necklace, that determined that the most obvious way for this necklace to hang was with that smaller loop at the bottom center. He might have been any where along the length of the necklace, but he appeared in the focal area! Smart dragon! :wink:

Working on another eco-printed necklace. It’s time consuming, but this one is taking a lot longer because my oldest cat (20 years) has taken to coming out to my work table and laying down precisely in my work space. Younger cats get shooed away. Little Miss does not. Today a “perch” is supposed to arrive which I can place next to me. I’m hoping that will be agreeable to Little Miss. She can be near me and I will still be able to work!

Little Miss was actually my husband’s cat. It wasn’t planned that way, she just took to him. She had a very difficult time adjusting when my husband ended up in the hospital for over a year. She finally accepted me as being okay. When Jack returned home, she never re-established her closeness to him which may have been due to his being in a wheelchair. She’s a sweet old cat. I want to give her as much time as I can.

1 Like