Ironing Made simpler

Just wanted to share my ironing hack for bias tape or other small projects.
I use my hair straightener instead of the iron.
It is so much faster and easier and way less likely for me to burn myself.

12 Likes

I like it! I know I have used a curling iron to smooth out ribbon beforeā€¦just didnā€™t think to apply to bias tape! Thanks for sharing! And, welcome back!

4 Likes

I knew I kept my straightener for something! Great tip!

So nice to see you!!

3 Likes

Neat tip. I actually got my hair straighter from my sister who used to use it to straighten ribbon. Ha!

2 Likes

Clever! As one with multiple burn scars, I will be using this awesome tip!

2 Likes

Itā€™s great for quickly ironing cuffs & collars too

3 Likes

Using a hair straightener instead of an iron for bias tape or other small projects can indeed be a helpful ironing hack. The hair straightenerā€™s compact size and precision make it convenient for smaller items. It allows for faster and easier pressing while minimizing the risk of burning yourself due to its smaller surface area. However, itā€™s important to ensure that the hair straightenerā€™s temperature is suitable for the fabric youā€™re working with to avoid any damage or scorching. Overall, this alternative method can be a useful and efficient solution for quick pressing tasks.

3 Likes

Great tip! I donā€™t have one but I, like @AIMR, have 2 curling irons for smoothing ribbons, trims, paper and fabric scraps. So many tools can be adapted for crafting. And you know if your hair straightener was at Joanns, Michaelā€™s or Hobby Lobby and marketed as a Craft Trims Straightener and came in a bright color, it would be priced 3 times the cost. I like buying new toys but Iā€™m happiest when Iā€™m using homemade tools.

2 Likes