“It’ll have to do” hat

I was hoping to make a cute cloche hat. I bought a pattern, but somewhere along the way I must have messed up because it came out 1 inch too big. The brim in the front is supposed to flipped up but it looks incredibly silly because it’s obviously too big for me. So, I’ll just keep the brim down and use it to keep the sun out of my eyes.

I have a newsboy cap cut out and waiting to be sewn next from the same pattern maker. I think I’ll try to take it in a bit more.

17 Likes

It’s really cute! Looks good on you.

2 Likes

It looks good as a sun hat. If I hadn’t looked at the pattern, I never would have guessed that you didn’t plan it like this. Very cute and functional!

2 Likes

Pass it over here; I’ve got a giant head so it’ll probably fit lol.
I think it looks cute, even with the brim down!

2 Likes

Adorable. The fit looks good styled this way but I hope you’ll try again for the best most comfy fit for you.
Looking forward to your next hat!

3 Likes

Love the model…realy nicely dongreat work.e.

1 Like

I think it turned out really cute! I’d never had figured it for a mistake.

2 Likes

It really does look cute on you.

1 Like

It looks great on you and came out cute!

1 Like

Heh. What size is giant? I think I have a pretty big head myself. Mine is 23 inches. I don’t know what is typical but unless it’s a stretchy beanie, I typically can’t wear one size fits all hats.

Thanks, everyone. I’m still debating if I want to do anything else to it. I may add some embellishments. Maybe.

I love the shape on you, even if you aren’t happy with it.

It looks good the way you are wearing it! I’d say happy accident.