It makes the lotion?

I’m about to try my hand at making a simple CBD and essential oil infused hand lotion for my dad. Any advice from wise and experienced beauty product makers?

2 Likes

@MareMare got any advice?

it worked. It didn’t separate in the night. And it smells like the cream I was replacing, and we will see if there’s enough active CBD isolate to make any difference. And I learned to make sure I have enough ingredients instead of guessing. And I need a smaller double boiler

1 Like

Cool! Wanna share your recipe/process?

1 Like

Warning, talks about “drugs”. Not sure about legality in your jurisdiction.

I used this recipe. Mostly. I didn’t have enough isolate but I didn’t realise until I’d already measured out my oil and beeswax. So I melted em together and dumped about half out. As for essential oils. I dropped in a bunch. And then a bunch more. To get to the scent I was looking for. When it came time to add water. I splashed it in, realised it was coming together way faster than expected so I just started mixing with the bamboo skewers I could reach.

All in all. Probably a 2/10 for proper technique. :rofl:

1 Like

LOL, all’s well that ends well. I will bookmark your post for later on. I’m looking for something for my feet, steroid injections there are scary and painful.

1 Like

Hello, I’m a cosmetic maker by trade. Depending on where you are in the world CBD is allowed or not :slight_smile:
Without knowing your recipe I cannot comment on how effective or safe it is. Should you want help or advice, let me know.

I have to add, many essential oils are only safe in limited amounts. Some down to 0,002 % even.
Dumping them in without having checked the IFRA and MSDS is not a good idea.
Not raining on your parade, just a word of caution in case it burns, discolours or removes the skin.

2 Likes

Ya, we’re in Canada where anybody can grow whatever they want right at home so now worries about a little CBD, eh :wink:
I do see citrus, lavender & peppermint in the photo so yes, taking care with amounts is important as those 3, along with tea tree, can certainly irritate skin. A mild “fragrance level” cream should be fine though, even without careful measuring.

@sloth003, I changed my name but it’s just me, craftylittlemonkey :kissing_heart:

1 Like

When I say dumped oils in. I’m at less than 40 drops total in a full cup of finished product. I feel comfortable I won’t flay my father’s skin off with that.

1 Like

citrus is photosensitive, it can discolour the skin under sunlight but on hands that won’t be too bad. Really good of you to make something nice for your dad.