Itty Bitty Up Embroidery

In my current quest to try new crafting techniques, I figured I would give embroidery a go. :grimacing: I have a giant stash of embroidery thread I inherited years ago, but have never even opened. :flushed:

I knew I wanted to do something miniature [because attention span], so I looked around the house for something I could use to make a mini hoop. A keychain hoop! Perfect. I snipped it into two rings and manipulated them together to simulate a traditional hoop.

For the canvas, I use a smidgen of fabric from a cheer package @MistressJennie sent me not too long ago.

My intention was to just try to embroider the itty bitty house & use knots at balloons, but then I had a flashback to when I was 12-years old and first (and lastly) tried embroidery. AND THOSE STUPID KNOTS. :angry: Annnnd then I remembered why I never embroidered again. :rofl:

So again, back to stash busting to find something to use as balloons. I considered sequins, but I just didnโ€™t have the colors on-hand that I had in my vision, and I didnโ€™t want to purchase anything for this project.

Alas, BEADS! Seed beads were the answer. The perfect size. More than enough colors available on-hand. I glued each bead individually. :mag:

Now that I have all these miniature creations, what do I do with them?? What do you do with them? They should go in a display or something, me thinks?

LETTUCE CRAFT NOTE: This project was crafted and donated to the Craft Stars Fundraiser ! It is available via online auction until Saturday, February 8. For more information, please visit the auction listing.

42 Likes

I told ya so, you are absolutely a miniaturist! Itโ€™s precious!

3 Likes

VERY cool! I love how you made the hoop! Arenโ€™t teeny things fun??:grin:

2 Likes

This is so fantastic. Itโ€™s so tiny and perfect, and you know at a glance, even from a thumbnail exactly what it is. Beautiful work my friend.

3 Likes

The beads were a perfect choice for balloons! Love how they go beyond the fabric border as if theyโ€™re really rising up into the air :heart:

4 Likes

Omgโ€ฆthe tiny hoop and embroidery! :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

This is jaw droppingly amazing! You clearly had a hidden talent and Iโ€™m so glad that the itty bitty cult drew it out of you!

2 Likes

That itty bitty cult is persuasive!!

Someone sent a pack of poly clay to my house this morning?? Itโ€™s not marked with a sender & I have no idea who sent it! Seriously, did accidentally into a cult? :laughing:

2 Likes

Ezra really wanted to keep it. He loved that part, too.

2 Likes

UGH. You! This is all your fault.

(thank you)

2 Likes

this is perfectly adorable :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is the best!

1 Like

Wow. thatโ€™s incredible. To have that amount of patience. itโ€™s wonderful.

1 Like

Ok, now Iโ€™m intrigued with the miniature crafting! That is awesome!

1 Like

Ellie! Russell! Kevin! Mr. Frederickson! UP! OMG big big love! :balloon::balloon::balloon:

The embroidery is very dear and the beads perfect as balloons. How ingenious to use a key ring for the hoop. That must have been a bear to cut into two.

This is inspiring!! I adore the minute details. The key ring concept is wonderful and would be very affordable for a thrifty crafter. :blush::balloon:

It snapped in two and went flying in opposite directions. It was fairly traumatic.

4 Likes

I โ€ฆ LOVE โ€ฆ this

I would have purchased it alone if youโ€™d offered it in the garage sale :smiley: I love the entire curio cabinet but itโ€™s gone beyond my price range already.

1 Like

You are so sweet! Thank you.

1 Like