January 2, 2020 - Announcing Founding Members

@bananaleg Yep. Private message me your email address and and I will forward you the email in the morning.

1 Like

@AIMR Wow! Youā€™re so generous :slight_smile: Thank you for your kindness. Iā€™ve also emailed to see if I can pay for shippingā€¦ We shall see!

Goodness, I hope this person was me. Bahahah!

2 Likes

Hi Friends. Thank you for your patience while I was away last night. I got to go see Hamilton and it was a freakinā€™ brilliant evening! Iā€™ve spent the morning going through my email inbox, and now my LC inbox, trying to respond to all of the various messages. I will soon go post the info on the Garage Saleā€¦ somewhereā€¦ here on LC. I hadnā€™t posted it before because the sale slowed way down at Christmas, and I thought we were about to wrap it up. Now itā€™s gone nuts again! :smiley: So weā€™ll keep it going a bit longer.

As for individual questionsā€¦

The answer is Yes. TheSapphireMoon agreed to ship to Canada, and Iā€™ve edited the listing to allow it to be bought by an international buyer. Go forth and shop!

For now, since the interest is still high, I will plan to keep the sale open until the end of January. Weā€™ll decide then if we should continue or end it. (I already have plans for a sequel fundraiserā€¦ :wink: )

Hey Koreena, that item is being shipped by a person who is currently on vacation until the 7th. Iā€™ll send her a message to ask if sheā€™s willing to ship international, but I may not hear back from her for a few days.

Yes. Yes it was.

7 Likes

Iā€™d like to just offer an idea here, which is a lot to ask, considering all the work you and everyone else has been doing here, but I want to put it out there anyhow.

As long as the garage sale remains profitable, could it stay open and the money made go to sweets, racky, kitty, etcā€¦? The ones who were working for pay on the other site and now have to work on a volunteer basis?

1 Like

LBB, I cannot run this sale indefinitely. Itā€™s on a volunteer basis, and right now it is currently nearly a full time job. I am happy to run future fundraisers, but there will need to be breaks between them.

9 Likes

This made me laugh so hard! I owe here a huge thank you. When you said cats on Instagram, I had a feeling it was me. My feed is full of my fur babies.

5 Likes

I understand. I thought Iā€™d just throw it out there.

MistressJennie, you totally rock for taking on the ebay fundraiser. I can only imagine all the hard work and time youā€™ve put into thisā€¦please know it is very much appreciated.

2 Likes

So how do I donate $$? I loved the eBay items but after my account being hacked 2x I had to close down eBay and PayPal. Got my funds back and all but it was a PITA!!!
So yep no PayPal no eBay but still want to help the site survive

2 Likes

PM me your email address. I will send you the info on how to donate.

Hey gang! Please use the Garage Sale specific praise thread for any questions or conversation/praise around the garage sale. We want to keep this thread open for Founding Member Praise. Thanks!

The link to the Garage Sale Praise/Conversation Thread:

Lol k how do I send a pm on this site?? This is me at work not working

2 Likes

Excuse my horrible snip, lolā€¦ click your avatar in the top right corner of the screen, then click the envelope to go to your messages.

1 Like

Haha PB I like your snip diagram! :nerd_face:

1 Like

I still donā€™t see how to send one just view mine :frowning: Iā€™ll have to do at home I suppose. My phone version isnā€™t that user friendly maybe itā€™s an Apple thing? I canā€™t figure who is responding to what on my phone the page just goes on and on with no headers. Oh well lots to get use to Iā€™m up for the challenge

@PerfectlyBohemian I owe you a BIG THANK YOU! For matching up my cats and therefor granting me Founding Member status. Thank you so much. I didnā€™t mean to be a pain. I donā€™t use Facebook much and I just think everyone is as much of a Ghostbusters fan as I am and will automatically link Gozer and Venkman to each other. Iā€™m a dork. Sorry! And Thank you!

2 Likes

No worries! Iā€™m sure if we didnā€™t hunt you down, you would have realized you could request to be added :wink: Weā€™re really thankful to all the people that have helped :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

I had the same issue PMing from my phone at first. I was finally able to send a PM when I clicked on the memberā€™s name that I wanted to send to. A box like below pops up and thereā€™s a button to message:

There might be a more straightforward/easier way, but I havenā€™t found it yet. :slight_smile:

Well thatā€™s way easier than what I was doing, lol