Japanese-Themed Teesha Moore TM Patches

Had such fun participating in the recent Teesha Moore TM Patch Swap! It had been so long since I’d made and swapped some of those.

My swap partner and I agreed to exchange three patches. I was drawn to the Japanese themes she listed, because it is part of my husband’s heritage.

First, for her hydrangea theme, I made this patch.

The background is a vintage Japanese scarf.

Next for her tanabata tree/star festival theme, I made this patch.

It was fun doing research on this one! For the festival, people write down wishes and hang them from bamboo branches.

The third patch was actually my favorite one, but — alas! — I forgot to take a picture.

15 Likes

Oooh I love the interactivity of the hanging wishes! So fun :smiley:

3 Likes

They are both so lovely. The hydrangea embroidery is incredibly impressive, and your use of beads and sequins as the stars and wishes are perfect.

3 Likes

Beautiful, gorgeous fabrics & lovely complimentary design.

2 Likes

Gorgeous work! Perfect for the recipient!

3 Likes

These are incredible!!!

3 Likes

I love those :two_hearts: I have some Japanese fabrics I’ve been hoarding. We had exchange students from there all throughout middle and high school.

3 Likes

I really gotta get in on this next swap these patches are too cool!

3 Likes

Those are beautiful!

3 Likes

I love how intricate and dimensional these are. The flowers are spectacular!

2 Likes

Oh I just spotted the third patch in the gallery. Whoa - that’s got to be my favorite, too! Lucky partner.

3 Likes

Right?! She used so many different fabrics and stitches and textures… Seriously, every time I think I have a favorite, I look at one of the other ones and change my mind all over again. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::cherry_blossom:

2 Likes