Japanese Themed TM Patches

These are some super fun patches I made for @EriChanHime in a personal swap we had done a while back. Now that they are received I’m making a post for them :blush:

First up is this Tori Gate that I based off the floating one in Miyajima which we visited in 2018. I digitally designed the gate and then stitched it out on my embroidery machine, combined with hand embroidery :shinto_shrine:

And here is my photo from when I visited :hugs:

Next is this cute Kitsune (fox) who is a mixture of machine embroidery (purchased pattern) and hand embroidery :fox_face: He is embroidered on a special japanese fabric and every time I think of him the children’s song pops into my head… :musical_note:kobuta~tanuki~kitsune~neko :musical_note:

Next are these spot sprites from Spirited Away which were SO much fun to make! I designed the candy stars digitally and them embroidered them in matching colours on my machine. The rest I did by hand - their bodies and eyes are made of felt. I even tried out some different embroidery stitches for their arms :star:

Last but not least are these cute kodama! I designed them digitally then used my machine to stitch their outline with an appliqué technique. I made special trips to the fabric store to find a ‘forest’ background fabric. Then the super fun part! I hand painted them with glow in the dark paint so they actually look like real little kodama from the movie, all glow-y in the darkness 🪵

Thank you for looking!

19 Likes

These are great, the sprites are my favourite

1 Like

YEEEEEEEEEEEES! :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: And they are all miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine! :joy: Seriously, I cannot say enough sweet things about how personal and precious she made these little guys. Even the fabrics she chose for the backings fit the theme perfectly, and they are all so puffy and fun! I love the scattered background stitched that quilt them, too. Also, y’all, there were extra tasty goodies that came along with them! runs to go post in the Personal Swap Thread Yikes, I had forgotten! Thank you, @PrincessP! These were literally perfect! :sunflower: :heart:

2 Likes

You’re SO very welcome :hugs: Your themes were so much fun to craft - I had even more ideas :crazy_face:

1 Like

They are all wonderful. I love how you combined machine and hand stitching. The Kodama’s are my favorites. I especially love that they glow!

1 Like

Your special touches to make each one unique is a testament to your attention to detail! I love them all!

1 Like

These are sooooo CUTE!! love the Tori gate. Nice work!

1 Like

Nice work!

1 Like

Love it! Miyajima was my favorite part of Japan. So beautiful! Went there twice while we lived in Japan. Great job with portraying it in thread. Fox is so cute!

2 Likes

These are all wonderful!!! Oh wow, I really want to do TM patch swaps again!

2 Likes

Congrats! Your project is one of this week’s featured projects! You are awesome!

1 Like

Thank you all so much :grinning::hugs::hugs:

I love the Kodama. My son loves Spirited Away.

1 Like

i loved that you designed some of them yourself! how cool is that.

1 Like