Jasperware Inspired Hat

Quite a long while ago I found a couple skeins of vintage sport weight wool yarn from Columbia Minerva, that were such an interesting color of green that I couldn’t pass them up. The official name was “porcelain green” and they immediately reminded me of green Jasperware porcelain by Wedgewood. I was so charmed that I knew I was going to have to design a pattern after that inspiration. Well, it took me several years, and I haven’t fully finished the pattern, but this tam fulfills almost all my expectations. In order to properly finish the pattern, I really need to do a model in modern, available yarn, but couldn’t find any green even close to this, so I settled on a Brown Sheep in a Wedgwood-ish blue as seen below.

8 Likes

It’s a great looking hat. I would not be able to tell the pattern wasn’t finished. It’ll look great in blue.

1 Like

That’s beautiful, I’d happily wear it with pride.

1 Like

lovely!

1 Like

Beautiful design!

1 Like

Well done. It will look so nice in wedgewood blue too!

2 Likes

Blue? I want it in blue!

1 Like

I really like the colors you chose. Very pretty!

1 Like

Great looking pattern and I admire you coming back to it and seeing it through to finish. I am finding starting yarny projects and finishing yarny projects are two separate hobbies for me! haha!

1 Like

That’s a lovely design! I think that the green is fab too

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! It is imperfect because it was also only my second time working stranded knitting (don’t know why as I have now been knitting for about 14 years), and the chart does have a couple of slightly too long carries. But overall I am so pleased with it, and now that Christmas crafting is over I can finally work out the kinks and do up the blue version, which I’m sure will be a little smoother.

1 Like

i love your color stories (as well as color work). my goal for 2020 is figure out floats!

1 Like

The green is really pretty, I think the colour fits it, and the fact that you designed the pattern is awesome, really pretty. And the blue you picked also looks great :slight_smile:

1 Like