Jesse's Commemorative Banner

This is a commemorative banner that I made three years ago after my dear friend, Jesse, passed away. He was a massive Star Trek fan and planned his life around the Oregon Country Fair (look it up, it is an awesome and unique experience for sure). The peach panel represents the OCF as the peach is their logo. I had always planned to parade this at the fair but then society spiraled downward and the OCF has been canceled for the last two years. They plan on moving forward this year so I hold out hope that this banner will get to wave out there yet. I know that he would feel honored and perhaps a little embarrassed to have something like this made in his honor. He was extremely humble and kind,one of the gentlest souls you would ever meet. I don’t quilt often but once in a while quilting is the only way forward with an idea. :heart:

Jesse and his girlfriend, Julie:

Me, Jesse, and my son Vincent (who is 14 now):

23 Likes

Lovely, and great fabric choices.

You got me excited about the fair. We’ll be in Oregon in July! We could go! Oh, looks like they’re doing it online, I don’t even have to be in Oregon!

1 Like

This is a wonderful commemoration of your friend and I hope you get to parade it soon. You used the exact right part of the exact right fabric for the peach.

2 Likes

What a beautiful way to remember a dear friend.

1 Like

What a perfect tribute to your friendship! His face looks very sweet and kind. Your banner is very cool; I hope it is soon able to fly at Jesse’s favorite event.
:peach: :heart:

1 Like

This is the most beautiful way to remember your dear friend. Your story made me tear up. I bet he would have teared up, too. :orange_heart:

1 Like

Lovely tribute :two_hearts:

1 Like

So sweet. I love the way you used the batik fabric for the peach. it worked out perfectly. You did a beautiful job and I am sure he would have been honored. Hoping you can fly it soon.

2 Likes

Beautiful!! The pattern on the fabric for the peach could not have been fussy cut more perfectly. I hope wherever he is, he is looking on and feeling the love you clearly have for him. :heart:

1 Like

That is a beautiful way to honor his memory. You did an amazing job on the little details and the straight lines (I cannot quilt so I’m in awe of anyone who can)