Jewelry with a Glowforge

I recently took the plunge and invested in a Glowforge. It’s amazing the things that can be done with this machine! I’m just dipping my toes in the water and have made some simple pieces with wood. I also made the display!

These are keychains

Finally I engraved on a silicone Apple Watch band and used oil based paint to fill it in. I’m not happy with the placement but I’m sure I’ll get better at it! I’ve already ordered more bands to play with.

19 Likes

How awesome!
I had to go look up Glowforge, now my family will have to listen to me raving about it :smiley:

1 Like

Swoooooon! I’ve been eyeballing them for so long. Everything you made looks AMAZING. Show us more! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Beautiful! The sunflower earrings are especially nice!

1 Like

Wow! Amazing! I never heard of this wonderous machine. I love the personalized necklace!

1 Like

I love the necklace with your name and the last two sets of earrings. Everything is cool but those were my favorites. It looks like a lot of fun!

1 Like

Like I mentioned on IG, I’m so excited for you and so jealous. I love your first pieces and can’t wait to see what else you make with it. The possibilities are endless.

That Lindy necklace is soooo cool. The earrings are super neat too.

1 Like

Highly jealous that you have a GlowForge!! I’m thinking I might see if I can convince my siblings to go in on one with me. Then we just have to decide who gets to keep it in their house! I’m the most central, but probably have the least room.

I never get stuff with my name on it so I’m excited to customize stuff all for me!

Keep in mind it has to be vented out a window unless you want to shell out a lot of extra $$ for their venting system. We had to make a plan and do some rearranging to get it vented properly!

1 Like

Very cool Lindy! I think the sunflower earrings are my favorite. I can’t wait to see all the amazing things you’ll make as you dive further into playing with it.

1 Like

Ack! Lindy these projects are sooooo coooool! I am so excited to see what creative hijinks you get up to with this new tool.

1 Like

I absolutely love all of these. They are so pretty!

1 Like

I don’t know what a Glowforge is but all of this is amazing!

1 Like

Lindy has the most fun toys!!! I’ve been wanting one of these- and you have definitely been putting yours to great use!! I think the Lindy necklace and sunflower earrings are my faves.

1 Like

It’s a laser cutting/etching machine

1 Like

I have been eyeballing a laser cutter forever - why did you pick the glowforge over some of the other similarly priced machines? nice stuff too BTW!

Wow! These are beautiful! I have to look up glowforge :grinning:

Wow! Want.

Ooh, I need to poke my spouse about getting a few filter for his so he can play again. :green_heart:

1 Like

Honestly because I got it used from a friend so I saved a bit of money over buying new. Plus the help resources are amazing

1 Like