I made myself a new peg bag because my old fabric one had disintegrated from too much sunlight. I used the coat hanger from the old one and knitted a new bag from one ball of Spago yarn, the kind they call Spaghetti.
Construction was very simple I just did a long strip in linen stitch - because that gives a good firm fabric for bags - the same width as the coat hanger. For the opening I cast off stitches in the middle of a row and cast them on again on the next row - when I was about 10 cm from the top.
When the strip was long enough to make both sides of the bag I picked up the cast-on stitches at the beginning and did a three-needle bind-off, again to give a firm seam for it to hang from. The sides were closed with simple dc crochet and the opening was reinforced with crab stitch.
When it was finished and in use it looked so much like it was singing a happy song that I crocheted some eyes for it.