Journey Prayer Flag

This prayer flag was created for @seeuudee in the recent Prayer Flag Swap. The lovely seeuudee enjoys all things steampunk, and one of her themes was Journey. Since it was made during the early days of pandemic, when we all first hunkered down, everything physical is from stash.

I’m pretty sure the fabric is hand dyed, and came from a swap on Deadster. The gears are jewelry charms I painted white and distressed with a reliefing block. The lace is from a ren faire costume made a lifetime ago. The embroidery designs are digital downloads from Urban Threads. I loved using this project as an excuse to play with my new-to-me embroidery machine. The embroidery thread even came with the machine.

And finally the beads are Swarovski crystal from promotional packs Fire Mountain Gems sent me. They are too tiny or not the right shape for the type of jewelry I usually make, so they’ve been in my stash waiting for a special project. I like how the clear AB heart picks up on the pink, blue and purple in the flag.

Special thanks to @Abbeeroad, @sheepBlue, @PerfectlyBohemian & @StudioANF, who all helped with advice and encouragement over an online crafting session together. :purple_heart: :white_heart: :blue_heart:

21 Likes

Haha, how on theme that this flag also had QUITE the journey. Beautiful job :heart:

2 Likes

Gorgeous!

2 Likes

The Airship design on this is so stunning, I also really love the colours :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gorgeous!!

2 Likes

Lovely! The colors are stunning.

2 Likes

Beautiful! Love all the little details in the edging. And I love the way the colors bleed into one another. Great embroidery, too.

2 Likes

And I love everything about it, it is simply gorgeous :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Everything about this is amazing!

2 Likes

So pretty! The beading at the bottom is darling.

2 Likes

I agree. The beading on the bottom is just the perfect touch. I don’t remember seeing this in planning sessions?!? :thinking:

Love the painted gear “clouds”!

2 Likes

Pretty colors, LOVE the beaded edge!

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

This is so lovely!!

1 Like

Beautiful. I love it, the fabric looks like it’s been ice dyed.

1 Like

Oooh I am jealous. It’s just perfect!