July quilt #5

I had to wait til this was delivered.

And while it wasn’t all made in July. It counts as a July finish. The top went together so quickly in march then it languished on the table. And now that it’s not here I’m falling back in love with it. And it’s new owner seems pleased.

so wins all around.

Approximately large enough to cover most of time and space. But for sure a king sized bed.

25 Likes

We delivered this fabulous beast & it is frikken unreal. All those teeny, tiny wee pieces! Hurts my brains just to think about all that piecing.

5 Likes

That is magnificent!

1 Like

Wow that is a masterpiece!

2 Likes

And i thank you for being my international quilt smuggler. :grinning:

4 Likes

This is incredible!! So beautiful and yes…. So many teeny pieces! Yowza!

2 Likes

Border guy practically eye-rolled us when he asked for our declares & I said “handmade quilt”, bahahaha! Same on the return when I said “handmade soap”. Funny.

6 Likes

I’ve seen it in person and it’s just :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

This does not look like a top that would go together quickly. Reading @Magpie’s description of all the tiny pieces helps put it into perspective. Beautiful work and great job on the quilting. It really complements the design without taking anything away from it.

3 Likes

Beautful. I also marvel at those tiny pieces.

2 Likes

Stunning quilt and i chuckled over the time and space comment. Lol

4 Likes

This is just…I’m speechless. Thank you so so so much for crafting the beauty for me!

2 Likes

You got a beauty from a quilt legend!

1 Like

Was it the same guy? :laughing:

This is just amazing

1 Like

One going into America, one coming back to Canada. Talking about crafts always makes their eyes glaze over :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

That is truly spectacular!

1 Like

This is just so stunning. Absolutely amazing work. I’m certain it will be treasured.

1 Like

I also got to see this in person. I just wanted to run my hands over it forever. Amazing, amazing work. The design is :ok_hand:

1 Like