Junk Journal folio

As one of the days for the 12 Days of Christmas swap, I made a junk journal folio. @Edel had mentioned ephemera, and one of her pinterest boards was ideas for “fodder”, not a term I had come across before. There were some fantastic ideas on there, which set me thinking. Then (via a rabbit hole of pinterest boards) I discovered an Etsy store that sells printable junk journal kits, one of them being in the form of a folio.

The outside of the folio, with a string and wrap closure -

There is a small notebook, envelope and a number of files with pockets, some of which are joined together to create additional little pockets -

The envelope was filled with some stamped flowers and words -

To create these, I used acrylic paints to create one sheet of greens and browns and one sheet of oranges, yellows and reds. I covered the sheets in a variety of stamps and fussy cut them all out. (I especially love how the leaves came out :smiley: )

Each of the little file folders has a pocket, which I filled with a variety of printed ephemera -

And some with leaves -

And where the folders were glued to create pockets, more ephemera was tucked inside -

The Etsy store is this one - My Porch Prints. I may have purchased a few more items, including a Christmas version of this kit!

25 Likes

I especially love how you did the leaves!

What a beautiful and thoughtful project for a fellow collector of ephemera!

2 Likes

This is still amazing, and even better in real life. I’m so lucky to have it!!

3 Likes

Amazing! I really love the bright ephemera pieces against the more muted folio.

1 Like

It’s so lovely! I like the kit (thanks for the link, I’ll happily fall down that rabbit hole!), but the addition of all the beautiful ephemera makes this amazing.

1 Like

Wow, beautiful! I love the stamped elements you inserted into the envelopes.

1 Like

This is gorgeous! I love those leaves!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You fussy cut those leaves! I am not sure if you are amazing or insane! Ha! The entire kit turned out incredible. It’s so beautifully done.

2 Likes

This turned out gorgeous.

Thanks for the link… the rabbit hole may be calling my name, too…

2 Likes

Very cool-- I also love the leaves! (mmm, oak leaves :heart_eyes:)

1 Like

That’s just lovely. All those pretty green leaves are really beautiful.

1 Like

I especially love the leaves too! This looks like a wonderful gift :heart:

1 Like

Love this so much! and love the fussy cut leaves!

1 Like

:balloon: :balloon:Congratulations! This awesome project is featured this week! :balloon: :balloon:

1 Like

That is so lovely, thank you :smiling_face: