Junk Journal

I used to make a lot of junk journals, and decided to pick it up again. Inspired by the French book cover I had, I decided to do a kind of themed journal - a young man as he rambled through life, adventured, and collected memories.

I spent a lot of time inking all of the pages and embellishments, or at least the ones that needed it, to have a more vintage-y vibe. It’s a combo of mostly real vintage ephemera, with some new elements mixed in - reprints/washi/stickers/cutouts, etc.

If you want to see all of the spreads, I made a little flip through video of the whole thing.

17 Likes

This is so fun. I love the vintage feel and the fullness of the images. The frog with the banjo is amazing! I also love the feel of the vintage stamps. The color pallet is great too.

1 Like

Your junk journals are always amazing! I love the vintage feel of this one. I also like the banjo frog :banjo::frog::heart:

1 Like

This is gorgeous! I am especially enamored of your snake page!

1 Like

Love the way this really gives the impression of a wandering life well lived!

1 Like

Thank you for all of the kind words!

Wonderful job!

1 Like

Congratulations! This amazing journal is a FEATURED PROJECT!!!
Thank you so much for contributing to our community! :green_heart:

2 Likes

A collection of so many things…nicely put together…I love the two young boys rough housing and going at it! Somehow, it was a bit cathartic…lol…

1 Like

I love it!

1 Like

Thank you for the honor and positive feedback, friends! It has made my day!

Wow! What a great junk journal! The texture and imagery you achieved by combining the ephemera is magnificent!

1 Like