Kidlet's New Costume/Winter hat (Crochet)

I followed a “one hour witch hat” tutorial for this (for quite a few more than one hour :slight_smile: ) to make this silly hat for Kidlet. I would have liked the brim a bit bigger but she changed her mind half way through and opted for a solid color rather than having a band of another color in the middle which impacted yarn quantities. As it is I used up all the 2 balls of Silky Flamme (colorway WInter Turquoise) that I had in stash. I have one ball of it in a fun green that will have to hang out for a bit until I figure out a project using just the 75m/82 yrds that I have. She likes it though, she considers it a cross between a witch hat and a tomte hat so it’s all good.
I don’t like to put her cheeky face on the interwebz so here it is modeled by the other fun friend in the house:

17 Likes

Awww! Cute hat and adorable model; love that last picture!

1 Like

aaahhhh! it’s the dog’s hat now, that is too cute!

3 Likes

So cute! I’m sure kidlet looks even cuter in it than your adorable pup.

1 Like

Thanks guys! Kidlet is calling the dog “Little Tomte” now haha. It’s fun that it isnt a hundred percent a witch hat so she can more easily use it in other imagination games.

3 Likes

So very cute! I love that it’s versatile both for imaginative play and who can wear it for play! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you!

It looks great even without the color change band. I like the color. Your midel is adorable too.

2 Likes

Yay, fun! I wanted to make one of these last year but I ran out of time before Halloween so I ended up purchasing one on Etsy from a very nice seller. Mine is black.
Your model is so cute!

1 Like

Thanks, friends!

So freakin’ cute!

1 Like

Thank you!

Adorable! I’m getting Fleur Delacour vibes…

1 Like

Thanks!

I love that she’s calling it a tomte hat! It turned out great!

1 Like

Thank you!