Kiss lock & Camo shoulder bag

I’ve been saving my husbands military uniforms to make a bag but didn’t have a design in mind until I thrifted a kiss lock purse frame. Husband is going to “borrow” a wedge and clamp tool from work that he says will help tighten the frame even more securely.

16 Likes

Very cool! What a nice husband to help you with your crafting!

1 Like

Ok, THIS is REALLY cool!!!

1 Like

Love it! Great little bag and awesome re-use.

1 Like

I love that the frame looks so demure and feminine, while the fabric is rugged and masculine. Nice bag!

1 Like

That turned out great. I love a good kiss clasp. They can really make a project look more substantial.

The idea was to have that contrast- I almost spray painted the clasp gold but when camo is used in fashion it’s typically paired with gold and I did not want the bag to look “purchased”

1 Like

Once I said kiss clasp I couldn’t stop saying it. I mentioned to a friend that I was using that kind of clasp and her face lit up. Now she can’t stop saying it. I will be making a similar bag for her birthday. She wants the “total old lady vintage look”.

1 Like

Thank you! my husband said he isn’t a bag guy but that he thought it was a good choice. I guess that means he approves.

1 Like