Kitchen cupboard paint

The chandelier is definitely coming with us, and it might even get a proper clean when it does. :wink:

3 Likes

Woohoo! Chandelier spa dayyyyyyyy!

Maybe it’s against building code there if it never happens? I don’t know how common it is in other countries but I’ve personally seen it in the Netherlands and Belgium. My brother actually has both his washing machine and the dishwasher in the bathroom (but that is really uncommon). When I lived in Finland we had a communal laundry room for the whole flat but that never happens in my country. No matter how small the flat is, they’ll find a place for a washing machine somewhere. And yes, a front loading machine, I only know about top loading machines from American tv.

I love top loading machines, when I lived in Australia I had one there. The capacity trends to be a lot bigger than front loaders and you can add something if the cycle has already started (or take out something if you’ve made a mistake)

I have no idea if it’s against building codes here, to put one in the bathroom, it just never happens. I’d they were always put in the kitchen because of water supply but also because it was closer to the back door and the washing line.

Fun story, my mother is almost 90 and she got married in about 1953, she refused to agree to marry my father unless he bought her a washing machine as a wedding present. They were definitely a luxury item then. I remember my gran using an old tub and a mangle to wash clothes.

1 Like

She was right about that! Especially back then when marriage usually meant lots of babies and cloth diapers. Can you imagine washing those by hand?!

Even the twin tub was work. Saturday was washing day and the machine needed to be minded. 7 kids was no joke! You’re right about the diapers, I hadn’t thought about that. Plus few easy care/ quick dry fabrics. And no dryer in rainy Ireland-i still don’t have one. :grin: