Kitchen swap?

i’ve been on a dishcloth, tea towel knitting jag lately…wondering if there’s any interest for a swap of this sort of thing…i havent organized a swap on here yet, but if no one else wanted to run it, i’m sure i could give it a go!! (provided there’s interest of course!!)

9 Likes

That’s a great idea! Can’t have too many dishcloths!
I was nervous about hosting my first swap but it was super simple

4 Likes

I like this idea…it’s good to swap for practical items, and everyone can always use kitchen things. Would play if the timing is right, but couldn’t host.

4 Likes

I like this idea. My kitchen/dining/entry has such bizarre colors - black, dark green, and a weird orange (previous owners’ choices and we haven’t changed them because honestly they look good :woman_shrugging:t3:) so it’s hard to get accessories.

5 Likes

when’s a good time for you?

and thanks @bethntim for the encouragement!!! i’m not nervous about hosting, just rusty…its been ages since i’ve organized a swap anywhere other than a local cookie swap, lolz…but its probably time…

3 Likes

It’s easy and you get assigned a swap mod to ask all your questions to and make it even easier. :innocent:

5 Likes

Timing-wise, my ideal would probably be around end of April/beginning of May.

4 Likes

That works for me too

4 Likes

i am also maybe thinking of a multiple option to play - either a small option. just one thing, that would fit into an envelope, or a large option, for those who would want to make MORE. choose your own adventure.

3 Likes

I think this sounds fun! I would love some new dishcloths!

I do think this is a great idea, but it will narrow down your list of swappers for pairing them up (for preference on shipping international or pet allergies)! What if you did one thing plus an extra for this swap and ran it again in the fall? Then it would be the best of both worlds. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

that sounds like a great idea!!

1 Like

I love making and receiving dishcloths! I’d be open to this.

3 Likes

Or the partner who wants to do the smaller package gets to decide… I’ve done it that way. Will try to pair up those that would like to do more, but if I can’t they get to match their partner and make a smaller package. It was clearly stated in the swap thread.

2 Likes

Also a great idea! I have some cotton yarn and tea towel blanks that are in my stash calling my name!

2 Likes