Kitchen Watercolor

@Immaculata and I had a private swap recently. She requested some art for her kitchen or craft room and mentioned loving retro styles.

I created two pieces for her. The first, is this watercolor collage with a hint of retro kitchen designs and fun pops of color.

Here’s an in-progress shot with the first wash of background color and sketch details:

27 Likes

You did a wonderful job with the composition and the drawing. I love the details, especially on the pot! The feeling is retro and yet modern and bright.

2 Likes

This is so lovely!

1 Like

Oh, get out, this is fantastic!

1 Like

Delightful!

1 Like

This is beautiful! If I could walk into the local Marshall’s and buy it on a tea towel I totally would!

2 Likes

So cheerful! I love the color choices and placement.

2 Likes

This is incredible. I love the design and your drawings are so cute and whimsical.

3 Likes

So cute! The colors pop on the blue background.
I can definitely see this as a print on a tea towel, or one of those little decorative serving boards.

2 Likes

:sparkles: Congratulations!! Your Kitchen Watercolor is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :sparkles:

3 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

2 Likes

Such a gorgeous design! Really pretty!

2 Likes

It’s very well deserved! The thought of it being a great design for a tea towel crossed my mind, too. I still need to figure where we’re going to put it but it has to be a very special place!

2 Likes

So, so cheery! Gives me all the happy-kitchen vibes. Love the layout of the whole thing and how the colors play off one another. Thanks for the progress shot, too. Always love seeing how things look before they’re finished.

3 Likes

I pictured it hanging in a cheerful kitchen…but in retrospect, my kitchen has zero wall space. I imagine that describes a lot of kitchens. Doh!

I am sooooo glad you like it and are happy with our swap!

1 Like

Thank you for all the kind words, everyone!

1 Like

I have wallspace!!

Our kitchen is a galley kitchen with the counter, cupboards and all appliances on one side, and only a small coffee station on the other side. So lots of empty wall space there. We are also still looking for a hutch to display my collection of retro teapots. So I think it will either end up in the hutch or on the wall!

1 Like

That would make a great kitchen towel.

1 Like