Kitty cross stitch

My bestie @gozer recently had a birthday and I wanted to send her something extra special this year, as it’s been a tough one.

This is a representation of her two most beloved kitties who’ve crossed the rainbow bridge - Venkman this year, and Gozer a few years ago. I saw the black work that @storerboughtcreation made a while back and decided to look up the pattern and adapt it for this project. Thanks for the inspiration, SBC!!

Gozer changes her living room color themes semi annually- teal in the warmer months and red in winter, so that dictated my color choices.

I’m sure I was off on the markings on her kitties, but I think (I hope) that they are recognizable.

Horrible lighting, sorry! :grimacing:

24 Likes

Aw. I love that you customized this to gozer’s kitties!

2 Likes

This is even cuter than the original, and I love it so much! It’s even sweeter knowing the story behind it. :hearts:

3 Likes

I know the pattern you used… this is a perfect adaptation, it looks like it was always this way. What a sweet gift! :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Thanks, guys!

1 Like

I balled. I mean ugly cry, snot flowing, hiccuping, balled when I opened this. Thank you do much @Bunny1kenobi. It’s absolutely beautiful.

4 Likes

This is gorgeous

2 Likes

Thank you!

And @gozer, my darling friend, nobody is as honest as you are! :heart: I’m glad you like it and I hope it adds to your many happy memories. Besties forevah! :heart::heart:

2 Likes

That is just so beautiful. :heart: :cry:

2 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

1 Like

Awwwww, now I’m crying.
How sweet!

2 Likes

This is beautiful. Both the stitch work and the loving story behind it.

2 Likes

Thank you, friends!

1 Like

This is so sweet and you did a great job.

2 Likes

that is just lovely and so unique to fit her needs

2 Likes

Thanks, guys!

1 Like

I know she loves this. Such a personal gift.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like