Klaziena Shawl

This project was a long time coming. I started it on Christmas Eve, as a gift to myself, what with the news of Craftster closing and whatnot. The pattern is called the Klaziena Shawl, by Kirsten Bishop, and it’s free. One of the nice things about the pattern is that it comes with options for making it as a triangle, or a rectangle.

The yarn is Scheepjes Whirl in the color Green Tea Tipple. I finished the last row with about 20" of yarn to spare! I love when that happens. While I am very happy with how it came out overall, it was a bit of a slog. The repeat is about 12 rows long, and not easy to remember, so you really have to keep an eye on your pattern. Plus the yarn is so thin and the hook so small (3.5mm) that it just takes forever. If I were to make it again, I’d try it with a thicker yarn, and larger hook, and do one less repeat of the pattern.

31 Likes

Just gorgeous!

1 Like

it’s absolutely gorgeous, I love the way the yarn works up.
What a nice present to yourself, we should all do that every once in a while

1 Like

Oh wow! That is stunning! Just beautiful!

1 Like

The pattern is stunning and so is the yarn!

My friend is called Klaziena and we sometimes make fun of her name (in a friendly way). Maybe I should make it for her!

1 Like

Wow! You couldn’t have asked for that yarn to look any better- that gradient and the colorway are perfect for that stitch pattern. Excellent choice and what a nice thing it gets to live in your world rather than shipped off to parts unknown. Lovely work!

1 Like

Beautiful and very soothing. I can see sitting on a porch or by the sea on a cool evening wrapped in this shawl.

2 Likes

Beautifully done…and you get to keep it!!!

1 Like

That’s gorgeous. I love the colour gradient.

Might take a look at that pattern, I’ve just got a bunch of yarn from AliExpress and need a new project

1 Like

Beautiful!!! I’m so impressed by your skill. I dream of being able to complete a project like this!

1 Like

Absolutely stunning! I love your shawls. That yarn is drool-worthy and the pattern is lovely.

1 Like

Absolutely gorgeously stunning! Love the colors and the pattern. I’m swooning!

1 Like

WOW that’s amazing!!!

1 Like

This is so lovely. Making shawls is one that I admire greatly because they are beautiful and not part of my skill set.

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Klaziena Shawl is one of this week’s featured projects! You are awesome!

3 Likes

It might have taken a while, but it looks amazing! The yarn you picked for it is perfect.

1 Like

This is beautiful! I keep forgetting that this pattern is in my list of things to crochet. Probably because it needs so much yardage, and I don’t have anything handy in the stash.

2 Likes

My goodness this is beautiful. You are a shawl wizard!

1 Like

Wow, that is incredible!! So much work, but a lovely result!

1 Like

So pretty! I love the colors.

1 Like