Knit Owl Stuffies

My kids are very into owls right now, so for Christmas this year I symbolically “adopted” an owl for them at our local animal rescue, and I knit them each an owl stuffie to go with the certificate.

32 Likes

How utterly wonderful! Love the adorable owlies and what they symbolize.

3 Likes

Cool! I like that they have different eyes.

2 Likes

These are really cute! I love the different textures on the heads and bodies!

1 Like

Such amazing gifts!
Could I go back in time and adopt you as my mother?

1 Like

These are adorable!

1 Like

They are so cute and look so soft.

1 Like

So cute and a great accompaniment to the “adoption” papers

1 Like

@endymion Thanks!

@steiconi The kids like to have mostly the same thing (so it’s fair) but just different enough that they can tell them apart…hence the eyes.

@TheMistressT It’s stockinette stitch on the head, moss stitch on the body, and garter stitch on the wings. I think the variety of stitches make it look more feathery.

@madebyBeaG If you work out time travel or find a tardis, let me know :smile:

@MistressJennie Thanks!

@kittykill They are made with alpaca yarn (leftover from a scarf I made years ago), so they are indeed very soft!

@bethntim Thanks! The kids names will be on the owl habitat too, hoping it will be safe to take them to visit later this year.

4 Likes

These are great! And I love the adoption idea. Did you use a pattern or free-hand them?

1 Like

I used this pattern Seamus The Owl Knitting Pattern

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

What an awesome gift idea! Adorable little owls! The kiddos will be so excited to see their names on the habitat!

1 Like

That’s really sweet.

1 Like

:comet: Congratulations! :confetti_ball: Your wonderful craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

1 Like

these are sooo cute. They’re just precious. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are adorable!!! I love the cert and the stuffies as the memory!

1 Like

Oh wow! Thank you!

1 Like

These are so sweet and I love the gift of helping an owl too!

2 Likes