Knitted Cotton Dishcloths

For Christmas, I like to put together little baskets of goodies for my kids’ godparents and grandparents. This year, it’s handmade stuff for the home. Most of it was purchased from small businesses and artisans, but I added some handknit dishcloths from me.

I used this PurlSoho pattern and Hobbii Rainbow Cotton 8/6. They are so soft and squishy! And, big! I used up almost an entire skein on each, and they’re about 9" square.

Matched up with handwoven towels, handmade soap, and beeswax candles:

22 Likes

I love the colours! These are the perfect add on to some pretty cool gifts.

1 Like

What nice gift bundles!

1 Like

What thoughtful and carefully curated gift baskets to compliment your lovely dishcloths!

1 Like

It all looks so pretty together. And your dishcloths are so neatly done!

2 Likes

Thanks! It was just luck that I had some cotton yarn stashed in colors that coordinated well with the towels. I have a handful of other colors that I might whip up to have some on-hand for last-minute gifts. The dishcloths are so simple and quick that they make nice palette-cleansing projects for when your brain needs a break.

3 Likes

Beautiful little bundles!

1 Like

Thanks!

Those look so nice! I’ll have to make some with the oodles of hand-dyed cotton yarn that I made years ago and am struggling to figure out what to do with! The little basket of goodies is going to be so very well loved! What a great variety of home items.

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s hard buying gifts for people who don’t necessarily need anything. But, soaps and candles get used up, and dishcloths and towels eventually wear out…gifts that don’t necessarily add clutter.

Ooh, hand-dyed cloths would be so pretty! Colorwork without the work! I love it.

3 Likes

These little gift collections are so beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you!

Oh I had my eye on that purl soho pattern! Now I’ll have to try it. Love that hanging loop…so practical. An excellent addition to your local gifts!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s such a simple pattern, but I love how neat and finished the edges look.

:yarn: :heart: :christmas_tree: Congratulations! Your lovely Knitted Cotton Dishcloths are a Featured Project this week! :christmas_tree: :heart: :yarn:

1 Like

Thanks!

I had the wrong pattern linked. But, I fixed it now.