Knitted plant cozy

Working on some Autumn birthday gifts, this is a plant cozy. It’s about 6” high without a pot in it. Now to overthink if I will give it as-is or find a plant to fit in it so he doesnt think it’s an under-sized cowl or that I’m encouraging eating ice cream right out of a gallon tub!

Thanks for looking!

24 Likes

Very cute! I think it will have a cool pineapple vibe if you put a spikey green plant in it…

4 Likes

I love this colour & the stitch is so baskety!

3 Likes

What a fun gift for a plant lover! I love that you came up with such a creative handmade gift to fit your brother’s specific tastes!

Personally, if someone wanted to knit me a smaller cozy for pints of Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food, I would be rather appreciative :grin:.

6 Likes

I love the pattern of your knitted plant cozy…and great color!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

The yarn is Debrorah Norville’s Serenity chunky in Golden Heather Yellow (pretty sure that’s the colorway, label’s missing).

@AudiobookLover I have made a few of those pint cozies over the years and all summer I’ve gotten texted “update” pics of them in use from friends still using them. It makes me happy!

5 Likes

It almost looks like a ceramic pot that’s trying to look like a knitted pot, but it’s not! I really like the color and the texture.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

My first thought was about pineapple as well! Very cool.

1 Like

I like the texture. I’d put a note with it so he knows it’s for the plant, you could even mention it’s not for ice cream :smiley:

2 Likes

Cute plant cozy! if you include some sort of label you could add “for your plant friend…” lol

1 Like

I love it! :heart_eyes: Great color and texture.

1 Like

Thanks, friends!

1 Like

Oh I love that! Great color for a plant cozy.

1 Like

Thank you!

Its cute, but now I want to see that ice cream in it! :rofl:

2 Likes

:potted_plant: :potted_plant: :potted_plant:Congratulations! Your Plant Cozy is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :potted_plant: :potted_plant: :potted_plant:

1 Like

Aaawwww thanks! :potted_plant:

1 Like

Lovely work, it really has a ‘baskety’ texture. Eating ice cream out of a tub is wrong? :yum:

1 Like

This is so cute! The pattern is great, and that yarn is scrumptious.

1 Like