Knitted Slouchy Hat

Once my family discovered I had a new crafty skill, the requests started. This one came from my 11-year-old. He doesn’t ask for much, how could I say no?

I found an awesome video tutorial from Sheep & Stitch for this slouchy hat. I even used the same yarn she did. There were certainly multiple cast-ons and some ripped out stitches, but ultimately, it came out better than I’d hoped!

This was my first time knitting a hat, knitting in the round, using circular needles, and using DPNs. I had to take a pic of the DPN action:

The pattern is a textured rib and I love the way it looks.

Mr. Road has requested his own slouchy hat next. :laughing:

29 Likes

WOW! This is an impressive set of firsts! You’re a natural!

3 Likes

It looks amazing! I’m waiting to see what crazy things the girls start requesting haha.

3 Likes

The vid tutorial seriously takes the “scary” out of trying new things! Maybe creates a little overconfidence, lol. But once you start, there’s no going back!

Haha…me too. But I think I’m going to try these for them next!

3 Likes

Nicely done! It’s awesome that you finished your first project with dpns. Soon you’ll be knitting socks and mitts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It came out so great my friend! I’m so impressed by how fast you learned and went on to real projects!

2 Likes

It turned out great and the action shot looks so complicated! Kudos to you for taking on such a challenge.

1 Like

I would never have guessed that this was any kind of ‘first.’ It’s a beautiful hat.

1 Like

Nice job! It looks super soft.

1 Like

You are becoming a knitting boss! It looks wonderful!

1 Like

Love the solicit had, and the colorway! Congrats on owning those DPNs!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Impressive! Love the yarn and the model is a cutie patootie!

1 Like

Haha…don’t let him hear you say that! :wink: We are in pre-teen brooding territory. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I don’t miss those days!

1 Like

It looks great! Always love a broken rib. :laughing:

2 Likes

that was my first thought after how AWESOME @Abbeeroad’s first hat is!!! socks and mitts all the way!!

love that stitch pattern!!

2 Likes

:fireworks: Hot dog! :hotdog: Your super cool project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :fireworks:

2 Likes

Ah! Thank you! :hugs:

2 Likes

New skill @Abbeeroad ?!? Unbelievably talented xx