Knitting Guild Tree Auction

In September, I joined our local knitting guild to meet others who knit and to be part of a group who knit for various charities.

One of the charities is a Christmas Tree Auction to raise money for the local theater group, that I also am associated with (my costume making adventures!). Basically, groups sponsor and decorate a tree and then all the trees are put up for auction. Since we are a knitting group, we decided all of our decor had to be knitted items.

One person is knitting the star to put on top; another is making a knitted tree skirt; and just about everyone else is making a tiny sweater or stocking. I wanted to do something a bit different, so I made knitted hats and then put them on faux fur to make little gnomes. These hats went very quickly, but sewing/gluing them to the fur was a bit of a challenge.

I found that if I rolled the fur and then whip stitched it at the top, it held together nicely. I then glued some twill tape around it and sewed/glued the little hat onto the tape. Glue on a bead for the nose, add a hanger, done!

I also played around with making these knitted stars.

We have to have our ornaments to our president by Nov 12th, so I am ahead of the game since I am delivering them to her tomorrow.

I will definitely be making more of the gnomes, but the stars were just not really fun to make, although they were quick.

Thanks for looking

19 Likes

Beautiful! I love the little stars the most.

1 Like

Those gnomes are adorable!!

I love those gnomes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your stars and gnomes are both so cute! I can see how the gnomes would be a bit more fun to make. Do post a picture of the tree once it is all decorated. Sounds like it will be impressive! Also, congrats on finding that group. Sounds like people who are fun and like-minded.

3 Likes

The gnomes are adorable

1 Like

The gnomes are so cute and the stars utterly charming!

1 Like

Fun ornaments for a fun cause!

1 Like

Both options are great! I love the scrappy nature of those little hats!

1 Like

The gnomes are adorable and there is nothing like figuring out a crafty problem on your own. The stars may not have been fun to make, but that pink and green one is gorgeous.

1 Like

Here is one of the pictures of the tree decorated. You can see one of my gnomes and part of the green/fuschia star!

5 Likes

I bid on the tree…I want all the ornaments! ha ha

3 Likes

I’d want them, too! They look great.

1 Like

So cute!

1 Like

Those gnomes are just the cutest things ever! I do love that star pattern too. Is it two pieces or more for the star?

It’s two pieces that are then twisted around each other. I struggled with that but once I did the first one, it was easy. The ladies in the guild liked the stars more than the gnomes!

1 Like

Well, both are amazing! I just love cute things (as you very well know) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the gnomes and the stars! I’d be very tempted to bid on the tree too.

1 Like