Knitting in greens

Here’s a couple of knitted items I made recently - both patterns are free!

I got a skein of gorgeous gradient yarn in exchanging for completing a test knit, in the most fabulous greens - bright lime through to deep teal. I decided to use this free pattern - Autumn’s Return

It wasn’t too difficult, although the lace section at the end took a little careful counting. Very happy with the result!

This next one was a simple, but elegant free pattern - Mistake Rib Cowl. The Malabrigo yarn is so nice, it really didn’t need a complicated pattern. This was made for the lovely @PrincessP for our IYP swap :grinning:

Happy knitting!

36 Likes

I LOVE green and that shawl is to die for! The pattern you used really complements the color. The cowl looks so soft and squishy too. I love Malabrigo - it’s kind of like a cloud.

2 Likes

That shawl is absolutely stunning.

1 Like

When you use lovely yarn, the results are wonderful…the shawl is lovely, but I love the simplicity of the mistake rib cowl…the more solid color shows off the stitching beautifully!

1 Like

These are beautiful! Great colors and perfect stitching! :green_heart:

1 Like

They are both pretty, but that top one is stunning. I love the color blend and the pattern at the bottom. Gorgeous.

2 Likes

They are both beautiful but the shawl is absolutely gorgeous!!

1 Like

Totally on board with the first one being so lush. I love it xxx

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Oooh they are both lovely but that top one is just fabulous

1 Like

Wow-ee! You have truly made a heavenly match with that greens yarn and shawl pattern! [swoons]

1 Like

GASP! That shawl is gorgeous!
And the pretty little sister cowl, it looks like it would feel very soft. Such beautiful soothing shades

1 Like

Everything about that shawl is fabulous! That green yarn is so lush. The Malabrigo cowl is beautiful. I think I have that same yarn in my stash - so soft!

2 Likes

Gorgeous! Funny for you: I was just making the shopping list which includes the entry “greens” to remind me to get salad for the bunny. So I totally opened this thinking that maybe you had been knitting with parsley stems. It’s been a long week…

4 Likes

Hahaha!! It is quite a bunny friendly colour!

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

That green gradient is just exquisite! I love you used some bright limey colors with the lacework. The juxtaposition really modernized it.

And I hate how much I love Malabrigo. Le sigh

1 Like

Wow! I can’t express how much I love this and your stitching is magical

1 Like

That shawl is gorgeous. Both are beautiful!

1 Like

beautiful work!!! and those yarns!!! (mal is one of my faves, but that gradient : swoon)

little sad that i am on a self-imposed yarn moratorium…but it helps that i cant actually go around touching yarn with this blasted stay-at-home-order we are still under (i MUST touch the yarny goodness before purchase, unless i’ve used it before)

4 Likes

Beautiful coloring!!!

1 Like