Knooked Puppy Beanie

My husband and I got a Westie puppy back in November. His name is Charlie. Somehow it took me this long to make something to embarrass him with. :laughing: We were at Petco a few weeks ago and I saw an adorable small dog beanie and I was so tempted to buy it but it was like, $15. And I thought to myself why should I spend $15 on a small hat when I have so much yarn at home and know how to knit (well, knook) and crochet things? So I set to work finding a dog hat pattern. I ended up using this one - https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dog-bobble-beanie It worked up easily but it is more human head shaped than dog head shaped, so it doesn’t stay on the best.
Here’s how it turned out:

It’s impossible to get a photo of this dog that’s not somewhat blurry because he’s always in motion. This was the best we could do. Haha. My sister-in-law is behind the chair holding him up. :rofl: We had to roll the brim a lot to get it to stay on so it doesn’t really look much like beanie anymore. But it does look more Scottish this way, so it works out.
This was also my first time making a pom pom. I’m very proud of how it turned out.

23 Likes

Very dashing accessory for your pup! Love the color :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Adorable! That beanie gives your Westie that perfect Scottish look. I am envisioning kilts and bagpipes lol

2 Likes

So cute!

2 Likes

Awwww! He’s so sweet!

2 Likes

This is soooo adorable!!

2 Likes

Awww, so cute! And he does look very Scottish in his tam!

2 Likes

Omg! :heart: It’s perfect on him!

2 Likes

Charlie looks adorable in his beanie :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I want to greet him with the worst accent imaginable because this is so freaking cute!! and look at hims little face!!! this is a fun project, for sure!

1 Like

Super cute picture. The hat really suits him.

1 Like

SHUT UP!!! Just stop the cuteness before I die! Love it!

2 Likes

I definitely kind of want to make hats for all of the family dogs now. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks everyone! He accepted wearing it better than I expected him to. But then at one point after it had fallen off he did carry it off like a toy, so we’ll see how long it lasts. :laughing:

1 Like

I seriously keep coming back to this post and looking at that cute face. It has made my entire day.

2 Likes

Happy to have made someone’s day! :smile:

I saw it when I was alone, and I squealed and jumped up and down.
Then my mom came over and I showed the photos to her…she squealed in the same key as I had, and jumped up and down. :grin:

2 Likes

what a cutie! and the hat is perfect for his wee face. Nicely done!

1 Like

Charlie is adorable in his new hat!

1 Like

Adorable hat, and an even more adorable pup!

1 Like