Koala Cuteness

Reading about the devastating fires in Australia has been heartbreaking. I decided to make a koala, and I am offering it for the garage sale still ongoing on eBay. I hope one of you are able to give it a good home!

This koala is made with 100% acrylic yarn, 15mm plastic safety eyes, and is stuffed with polyfil. I stuck a crochet hook in to show that it can hold an item easily. I think a cute fabric flower or a bit of eucalyptus would be absolutely adorable. It stands roughly 9.5 inches tall, and 5 inches wide (not including the ear span).

I want to make more of these! It’s so cute. The pattern was a free one I found on Ravelry. I used worsted weight yarn and an E hook (called for a G hook). Her gauge is off in the pattern as she claims it should stand 6.5 inches tall. There are a few other errors, but beyond spacing the eyes a few more stitches apart and one row higher than suggested, (and you need to use the photo for nose placement), I would follow all the directions again.

28 Likes

It’s heartbreaking to see the news about the fires in Australia.
Your koala is cute…I’m sure it will find a loving home soon.

1 Like

I’ve just opened your post, and Huffie was just shouting “Koala! Koala” and making grabby hands (… she’s 8.5 … :wink:) So I’ll have a look at the pattern… and maybe look out for your garage sale offering.

As for the Australian fires … I’ve joined a group on FB for people who want to crochet/knit/sew pouches etc for the animals and will hopefully start soon on making some.

2 Likes

He is so cute. Thank you for offering him in the sale.

1 Like

My girl loves the koala too, maybe this will be a good way to talk to the kids about what’s going on in Oz. Such a travesty…
Thanks for offering that cutie in the sale & for sharing the pattern.

2 Likes

He’s so cute! Thank you for offering him. I love hin!

The fires are so sad.

1 Like

Such a tragedy going on in Australia. Your kola is super cute. I hope he sells well.

1 Like

He is DARLING! Thank you so much for offering him to the sale. :heart:

1 Like

That koala is adorable! I love that he holds the hook.
I saw this and thought you might be interested.
https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/crafting-for-australias-animals/1730

1 Like

You did a fantastic job! He’s so adorable. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a cutie! Thanks for the added tips on working the pattern. That will save a bit of hassle for anyone wanting to crochet the little sweetie.

1 Like

You should make more because he’s a-dor-able!

1 Like

So flipping adorable!

1 Like

Oh my gosh! Its holding a crochet hook! So cute!! I hope that they get a break from the fires right away. Precious little cuties.

1 Like

I have no idea why I didn’t show my love for your koala before!

How cute and awesome that you made this!
Love it and this rocks!! :metal:t2:

1 Like

I FINALLY got to give Marley (my daughter) the koala for Valentine’s Day. It was so hard not to give it to her sooner. She wanted me to tell you how much she loves her. She has been named Kaylin and she is very happy here in Washington eating cookies and drinking frappacinos. Marley was amazed that she was handmade. She especially loves the fuzzy ears.

3 Likes

I’m so happy she loves her so much! Super cute name choice. :heart: