Krampus hat!

Some of you may remember the progress pictures I posted last winter (in the snapshot thread) of the Krampus hat I was working on. I finally sewed the horns & ears on yesterday (a little late for halloween, and now we’re in the middle of a warm spell, but whatever…)

I think it’s done. Unless I want to go all Jacob’s sheep and add two more horns… But now I need a lower commitment warm hat, since I can’t wear this without the extra bits anymore. :laughing:

And with the obligatory ridiculous-faces pictures!

Child had to share it with her e-school class instead of working on her assignment… (those two front teeth are finally just starting to come in!)

It took me several tries to figure out how to mirror the horns instead of doing two that curled in the same direction… and it turns out that crocheting from the inside makes a much larger horn (go figure!) so I ended up taking out the last few rows to make them match a little better.

22 Likes

That is amazing!! How did you make the horns support themselves upright?

1 Like

They’re stuff-as-you-go, so they hold shape really well to begin with, and then you just sew them on!

4 Likes

AMAZING! And in plenty of time for Krampusnacht (Dec 5) and Krampus season in general!

4 Likes

Those horns are epic!

1 Like

Brilliant! :laughing: The snark in me finds Krampus terribly amusing, and your hat is wonderfully done. The fact that the horns stand up on their own is very impressive! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

This is epic!!! Love the photo shoot too! :laughing:

2 Likes

This is freaking amazing!

1 Like

So cute! Made me smile!

1 Like

That turned out so neat! I love the horns!

1 Like

Congratulations! :tada: This awesome project is a Featured Project this week!

1 Like

Yasssss! Congrats!!

1 Like

This is way kewl!!

1 Like

These are awesome! I would wear them all the time!

1 Like

Woah! That is super cool!

1 Like