Lacy crochet scarf- spider insertion pattern

made with the rest of a very large skein of yarn (the first part was used for a shawl made with a lacy pineapple pattern)
the pattern is called spider insertion. odd name, but fun pattern.

15 Likes

Methinks those spiders have way too many legs! But it is a lovely pattern and very pretty scarf. Nice!

1 Like

right! so weird…

1 Like

Those look so complex, I am not sure I would even start. Good for you!

1 Like

So pretty and delicate!

1 Like

What a lovely repurpose! From pineapple to spider…? It really is pretty to look at!

1 Like

@AIMR actually i did both of these from one skein! it was huge. and meant for a babies blanket i think.

oh sorry…I misread and thought you made the scarf from the shawl! wow…the confusion was that they look to be two colors on my screen! I have not attempted making something so lacy and fine with crochet…both look daunting to me!

1 Like

Love both projects, well done on 2 finishes :smiley:

Do you have a link to the spider pattern?

Maybe they are leaves not legs? Lol

1 Like

@GMPNQ
I got it out of this book. I’ve had this book for ages and refer to it often to try out new patterns. It’s a bit dated but patterns never go out of style right?! I do see there is an updated version I may have to get.
https://www.amazon.com/Donna-Koolers-Encyclopedia-Crochet-Leisure/dp/1574862820/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3TINEVPCJN7T1&keywords=encyclopedia+of+crochet&qid=1584153163&sprefix=encyclopedia+of+crochet%2Caps%2C856&sr=8-2

1 Like

Excellentito work! Very delicate and precise!

1 Like

I like the super unique pattern and the pale purple color is nice and unexpected too!

1 Like

They are both gorgeous!

1 Like

That looks challenging. Very lovely!

1 Like

So beautiful! Well done curiousfae! :purple_heart:

1 Like