Lapel Pins, Plum Blossom & Iris Hair Pins

I’ve been working on some larger projects the last few months - for a wearable art gala which I ended up having to cancel on because of time constraints. I’ve since switched gears to smaller pieces. I have a convention this weekend, so I’ve been making lots of lapel pins, and sets of hair pins. I’ve still got more I’m finishing, but I thought I’d share my progress so far.

Here’s my pile of lapel pins. I made over a hundred for this show!

Plum Blossom Hair Pins

Purple Iris Hair Pins

Blue Iris Hair Pins

I also made a short video of the process for making the plum blossom hairpins. :slight_smile: If anyone’s interested, there’s a link to it here: https://youtu.be/L-QrihWUt5c

28 Likes

Nice to see you again! Such beautiful flowers; good luck with the convention.

Wow! So pretty! I’m going to have to check out that video!

1 Like

These are so very pretty. The hair pins especially. Thank you for sharing the link. I might have to try that when I have more time (AKA - this winter!).

1 Like

These are beautiful!!! I love the variety of flowers!!

Wow. Pretty and so delicate. These are gorgeous.

:cherry_blossom: :blossom: :cherry_blossom: Congratulations! Your Hair Pins are one of this week’s Featured Projects! :cherry_blossom: :blossom: :cherry_blossom:

What adhesive is that, the clear one that you use for the ribbon? It’s so nice and grippy!

It’s rice glue, or nori paste.

They are all lovely, but I especially adore the purple Iris!

Wow! Gorgeous! I think those that will wear them will be quite lucky. Have fun at the convention!

I like your deep maroon blossoms and the plum hair pins. Big job!

I am a sucker for a cute hair accessory! These are perfect.

I may have to try out your tutorial, thanks for sharing!

That display looks phenomenal!

Oh these are just adorable :heart_eyes: