Laser Cut Deck Box

This is a present for my brother’s birthday today. Im working on a scarf for him, but realized this week it wouldn’t be done in time, so needed a backup gift.

He’s a big Magic the Gathering (card game) player, so I settled on a fancy deck box for his favorite deck. I looked at a bunch of boxes for inspiration, then combined all my favorite features.

It has a front window so he can display a favorite card.

It has the mana symbols cut, then painted behind, then reson filled, on the back.

It has a double hinged top with a magnet closure and his name on top.

It’s in plywood and acrylic then finished with a sealer. Super stoked with how it came out!

31 Likes

I don’t know much about Magic, but my kids play Pokemon, and this is the type of thing they’d like, so I’m sure your brother will love this! You thought of so many details to make this super special. I love that it’s a “bonus” gift! Awesome!

2 Likes

I would be thrilled with this gift and I don’t even play MtG! I especially love the mana symbols! Have you given it to him yet? What was his reaction?

2 Likes

What a cool, custom gift! I bet he lurves it!

2 Likes

Wow!!! Those mana symbols in the back are such a neat added detail! I love how you filled them with resin. This is altogether a great gift!

2 Likes

Just gave it to him tonight and yes, he was thrilled. Birthdays are hard when you can’t go see friends, so it was nice to be able to give him something special.

3 Likes

My MTG playing hubby and son would love this so hard! The mana symbols are the perfect touch and I love the double hinge!

2 Likes

You should be stoked. This is so very well done!

2 Likes

It looks like a lot of work figuring all that out. Its beautiful!

2 Likes

Wow, that looks amazing!

1 Like

This is insanely gorgeous! <3

1 Like

This is all so cool, but I love the magnetic lid. It’ll definitely set him apart from other players and they’re all going to be so jealous when they see the box!!!

1 Like

:tada: Congratulations and yahoooooo! :tada:
Your sah-weet project is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

2 Likes

what a great gift for a MtG player!
I don’t play often but would be so stoked to get something like that.

1 Like

Wow, this is really cool. Well done!

Wow, laser cutting! You put so many good details into this.

1 Like

Thanks! My brother loves fancy details so I added as many as I could fit!

Well that turned out amazing! Bet it feels awesome making something for your bro that he just loves. Nice one, sis’.

1 Like

I can’t believe I missed this when you posted it! It’s fantastic! My hubby has played MTG since 1995, and he is very impressed by this!

1 Like

Thanks! My husband and son both play too and now want their own super boxes. :laughing:

1 Like