Laser Cut Spice Rack

All these spices have been cluttering up my counter for quite awhile and I finally found time to do something about it! The rack was designed in Fusion 360, cut from 1/4" plywood on a Full Spectrum laser cutter, then glued up. It has elastic seatbelts on the front of each shelf to keep the jars from running off. I also added some quick reference measurement conversions to the side, mostly for my son’s benefit (so he won’t have to ask as often).

It mounted up perfectly and I love it! It also decluttered my counter enough to actually see my cutting board!

38 Likes

That is really spiffy!

Thanks! It’s been one of those mean-to-do projects for quite a while, so feels great to have it done.

2 Likes

I remember you mentioning it in the ornament swap thread, I believe, so I was really excited to see you had finished it!

3 Likes

Great idea and I love the way it turned out. I goggle conversions all the time so I would definitely find that useful! :heart:

1 Like

When I saw the name of the post I thought about the ornament swap mention as well!

This came out really nice. I love that you were able to customize it to perfectly fit your spices and that space on the side of the cabinet!

1 Like

How handy and what a clever place to put it. It’s so perfect!

That’s great! I have a cutting board with measurement conversions burned into it, very useful.

1 Like

That’s a brilliant idea!

1 Like

Awesome and pretty solution. I like that is will save so much space and make it easier to find what you need.

1 Like

WOW! This is really cool!

1 Like

Yeah, I basically filled it to the brim with what’s on hand. Husband just said “well then, you have enough!”

1 Like

Yep, it’s funny how different peoples’ tastes can be. I love it, but I’m pretty sure my mom would hate it - she likes bare counters and everything tucked away.

2 Likes

I love that you put measurements for your kiddos, I would have added something like “Baking temp: IDK like 350 for 20 minutes?”

4 Likes

:laughing: Haha - that would be for my husband. My son’s actually a decent cook, just not so much with memorizing conversions.

1 Like

This is awesome

1 Like

Fantastic!!! I really love this idea!

1 Like

I LOVE that you have the conversions there!

2 Likes

:tada: Congratulations! Your super awesome craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Super cool! The measurements are so clever, as is the “seat belt”, haha.

3 Likes