Laurali's Unicorn

Edited to add:
Her unicorn arrived today! Laurali named her Sally, and I got permission to share a photo of them together :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My cousin asked me to make a unicorn for my first cousin twice removed (or my cousin’s granddaughter, if that’s easier). Little Laurali apparently loves unicorns, and when my cousin saw the polar bears I recently made using Bernat Pipsqueak yarn, she asked me to make a unicorn using that same yarn.

And here she is before I added the roses. The roses do add a nice finishing touch.

In addition to crocheting the unicorn, I also made my first ever card with the Cricut Explore Air 2 I got for Christmas. I also made the envelope. I know it’s super simple, and I have plans for more complex projects in the future, but I’m happy with my card. I learned several new things making it :slight_smile:

28 Likes

That’s the sweetest unicorn!

1 Like

So soft, snuggly, and perfect!

1 Like

That unicorn is adorable! I love that pipsqueak yarn! Also the lavender and yellow combination is so cute.

1 Like

This brings together so many childhood toy-delights for me that I had forgotten about! The roses really do make it pop, and that yarn is amazing. The recipient will adore it!

There is something tickling the edge of my memory about mid-1980s My Little Pony merchandise with colors and roses like that, which I’m going to have to go search for…

1 Like

How cute and cuddly!

1 Like

Great job, it looks so soft

1 Like

Beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So sweet! And the roses totally make it.

1 Like

It is sooo very cute!!!

1 Like

It’s so fluffy!!! So stunning cute.

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS! This has been chosen as one of this week’s Featured Projects.

2 Likes

Thank you! :hearts:

I love everything about this. I love her expression, the colors, the roses. Everything.

2 Likes

How adorable!

1 Like

i know from experience that that yarn is not easy to work with so it makes this darling plushie even more amazing. fantastic!

1 Like