LC grab bag swap Idea

I was inspired by the list of previous swaps on c’ster and thought a Grab Bag type swap would be fun. My idea is this, we craft two random items starting with the initials of Lettuce Craft, L & C. Then we send them at random. Or we could do one crafted and one bought item. Any thoughts? We could use different letters. Suggestions would be appreciated!

9 Likes

that sounds cool!
I used to run the Spell My Name swap along the same lines – swappers either crafted or bought an item for each letter of the partner’s name (we also did an Initials version with just 3 items, which really reminds me of how this swap will wind up being)
It was amazing how creative swappers were for all 10+ rounds of that one!

I really like the twist you’ve thought of, where we will send randomly – an element of surprise & suspense! :partying_face:

4 Likes

I like this idea!

1 Like

Please explain what you mean by … then we send them at random?

I like the idea for this kind of swap.

2 Likes

You will just get an address and send. No questionnaires, it just has to start with an L and C. This will be kind of like the 4x6 swap where you make it ahead of time.

5 Likes

Got it! I’d be interested.

1 Like

I will probably start sign-ups around June 1st, so that people can get their other swaps completed. I will give it a decent 3 week signup time since that is also your crafting time. Does this sound good? Also, remember, if you’re planning on joining, you could start crafting your items now. Two smalls, One each starting with L & C. You can get creative with that.

7 Likes

I like it! Count me in!

1 Like

Don’t forget, you can start working on this ahead of time to be ready for the swap sign-ups. I will start the swap around the 1st or 2nd of June, depending on how crazy work is after the Memorial Day break. :green_heart:

3 Likes

So the items do not get posted ahead of time, right? Just after they are received?

1 Like

Yeah. Like the 4x6 art swap, you make ahead of time. I will start the sign-ups either the 1st or 2nd, then I will give three weeks to sign up, but you have to have your items completed when you sign-up (honor system). Then we send at the same time. I will just give you the address. We aren’t going to be making to a questionnaire, so go crazy and have fun.

5 Likes

Sounds cool, but I will have to wait and see for another round. I am dangerously close to overextending myself right now.

2 Likes

I already have a couple ideas for L and C. I would totally do this swap!

2 Likes

Hey Everyone! I got super sick and was unable to start this swap on time. Since its a swap where you make your item in advance, lets do this July 1.
Sorry. Im feeling better, but i am not 100% yet.

13 Likes

@gozer I hope you continue to heal and get back to your old self soon. Hugs to you, my friend.

I love this idea and will be thinking of L & C things all day.

3 Likes

Glad you are on the upswing, @gozer! July sounds good; it will give me time to play with a few of the many ideas I’m juggling.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you were not well and hope you feel much better soon! I am grateful for some extra time to think of L and C things! Will be looking for this in July.

2 Likes

I have several ideas and hope I can send several “bits and pieces” of L and C items. I’ll keep my eyes out for the swap!

3 Likes

This will be fun! Keep getting better @gozer ! :heart:

I plan on opening this on July 1st. It’ll have a two-week sign-up since we had extra time, and then send out. Sorry about the delay. I was truly down for the count for a while there. Not 100% yet, but I am working on it. Thanks to everyone for being so patient!

4 Likes